Question

iTunes cover art error. I followed the instructions about placing rss feed in new browser. recvd an error with that please advise?

• 17 February 2015
  • 9 replies

iTunes cover art error. I followed the instructions per other posts regarding this matter and my rss feed doesn't work apparently. I did change my cover art so it is 1400X14000 please advise on next steps thanks.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for posting. I've looked into this for you from our end, and it looks like you pasted your RSS feed in the "New feed location" under your setting - extra page. This field will only become relevant if you decide to move to another host for your podcast episodes then SoundCloud. Currently, it breaks your feed. Thus, if your image is already 1400x1400, you should be good to go as soon as you've adjusted this :-)

If iTunes was giving you an error message in regards to the image size, then this was certainly confusing and taking you in the wrong direction. Sorry about the confusion here.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
Hey there,

Thanks for posting. I've looked into this for you from our end, and it looks like you pasted your RSS feed in the "New feed location" under your setting - extra page. This field will only become relevant if you decide to move to another host for your podcast episodes then SoundCloud. Currently, it breaks your feed. Thus, if your image is already 1400x1400, you should be good to go as soon as you've adjusted this :-)

If iTunes was giving you an error message in regards to the image size, then this was certainly confusing and taking you in the wrong direction. Sorry about the confusion here.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

I have a problem with this too! Can you help me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

Hey there,

Looks like your current profile image is 449x449 px in size. iTunes is asking for at least 1400x1400 px. They are pulling your profile image from SoundCloud (not to be confused with the artwork images of your individual tracks or playlists), so all you need to do is update your SoundCloud profile image.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Hey there,

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

How can I make my picture 1400x1400 px
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Charlie,

Hmm, so, just to be sure - are you asking how to upload a bigger version of your profile image to SoundCloud, or are you asking how to make the actual image larger?

If the latter is the case, I'd recommend to go into your image editing software and change the size there. If you choose an online service or and alternate method to resize from 490 to 1400, chances are that the resulting image becomes a bit pixelated.

Hope that makes sense. If you need further assistance, let me know and I'll be happy to help further.

Cheers
Mathis
Hey there,

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

I'm trying to make a picture that is 1400x1400 px but I'm not able to
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

Hi again Charlie,

Alright, so I've now gone ahead and took your image and made a bigger version of it using Photoshop (i.e., I could only work with the smaller copy that I had from your profile, so Photoshop had to upscale all of the pixels).

Nonetheless, the profile image should look ok and is now 1400x1400 px in size.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers
Mathis