Answered

iTunes Feed Validation Issue

• 21 January 2017
  • 2 replies

I'm trying to validate my Soundcloud RSS feed on iTunes. After clicking the "Validate" button on iTunes, I got this message from them:

"Podcast artwork must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests."

iTunes does show one of my images, but the image doesn't meet their size requirements. But how did it choose that image, and how can I make it choose a different one, one which meets their requirements?

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Chris Mai 21 January 2017, 19:20

Found some knowledge for you—hope it works :? ---> http://podcasting.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2161907-track-description-and-artwork-in-your-rss-feed

If you don’t add an image to your podcast's episode, iTunes will use your SoundCloud profile image as the default image for the episode. You can add individual artwork for each episode by uploading an image on the episode’s edit page. Make sure your image is 1400x1400 pixels, or iTunes will not populate the image.

Your individual track descriptions will be visible for each episode within iTunes. Once your listener has subscribed and downloaded the episode, the description will appear underneath your episode's title.
View original

2 replies

Found some knowledge for you—hope it works :? ---> http://podcasting.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2161907-track-description-and-artwork-in-your-rss-feed

If you don’t add an image to your podcast's episode, iTunes will use your SoundCloud profile image as the default image for the episode. You can add individual artwork for each episode by uploading an image on the episode’s edit page. Make sure your image is 1400x1400 pixels, or iTunes will not populate the image.

Your individual track descriptions will be visible for each episode within iTunes. Once your listener has subscribed and downloaded the episode, the description will appear underneath your episode's title.
Thank you for your assistance.