Question

itunes:new-feed-url

• 23 July 2019
  • 3 replies

I've read through the forum and haven't seen anything recent on this topic. Does SoundCloud allow you to add a to our RSS feed now? If so, how?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
If you're moving away from your current SoundCloud feed, just use the Subscriber Redirect option in the SoundCloud dashboard. Put your new feed URL there and SoundCloud will redirect your current feed to the new feed URL.

The "new feed URL" can be helpful to have in the feed, but it's not necessary. The redirect will be picked up by Apple (and most other syndication points) and they'll automatically update themselves to use your new feed URL.
I'm not moving away from soundcloud feed though... I'm trying to push iTunes/old feed subscribers to the new.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm not moving away from soundcloud feed though... I'm trying to push iTunes/old feed subscribers to the new.

Hmm, so, the bad news is it is not possible to edit your SoundCloud feed manually in order to include specific tags.

I understand you used to host your podcast somewhere other than on SoundCloud, correct? If so, the service you used to host the old episodes might have options to redirect users properly - might be worth a brief research.

Hope this helps, or at least points in the right direction. Let us know how it went 🙂