Question

Itunes podcast temporarily unavailable

I have submitted my podcast to itunes. I tested the RSS feed before I submitted and everything worked fine, I have validated my RSS feed and no problems come up, but for some reason in itunes a little exclamation mark comes up and says it wont download, I have tried multiple computers and on my phone and it's the same issue. I called itunes and they told me to search forums because they don't have someone designated to help with podcasts. I just need someone to tell me the problem so I can fix it!

15 replies

Hey hey,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, I'm not quite sure what's causing the issue for you at the moment. I've double checked your settings on your SoundCloud account and they look accurate. However, I've also reached out to our devs to see if they can see something in the backend that I cannot. I'm currently waiting for them to get back and will let you know if they have further insights.

Have you reached out to iTunes to see if they can help from their end?

I have the same problem today as well.
Hey hey,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, I'm not quite sure what's causing the issue for you at the moment. I've double checked your settings on your SoundCloud account and they look accurate. However, I've also reached out to our devs to see if they can see something in the backend that I cannot. I'm currently waiting for them to get back and will let you know if they have further insights.

Having the same problem here...
Hey hey,

A lot of us are having issues with this today. Is something not working correctly with SoundCloud, or are a lot of us coincidentally making the same mistake on the same day? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having this issue as well. Uploaded a podcast 13 hours ago and still "temporarily unavailable."
Only thing I did differently is add a feed tracker...

I'm having the same problem. I tried re-uploading a smaller .mp3 file as well, but had no luck on resolving the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having this issue as well. Uploaded a podcast 13 hours ago and still "temporarily unavailable."

Same issue here... wth?

Same here. Last 24 hours all my podcasts are "temporarily unavailable" on iTunes. Please advise!

Same with our iTunes feed, we've loast heaps of listeners today due to this. Any sign of it getting fixed?

I think something is going on with Soundcloud as all of my podcasts through Soundcloud are also unavailable.
Userlevel 1

I am having this same issue today. When I log into iTunes to sample episodes that have been working up until today, I get the same "temporarily unavailable" message in iTunes. It is happening with all episodes, not just one in particular. I am missing views and likely sponsorship approval from sponsors. Can someone please help!?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Hey hey,

Thanks for following up on this - great to hear you were able to fix this. :-)

Cheers
Mathis
Hey hey,

it's all fixed, something was happening with the aac file that was making it hard for the rss feed to connect. But I updated it with an mp3 file and I have done mp3 since and it has all worked 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there,

Hmm, I currently cannot find your podcast on iTunes - have you removed it entirely? I've also looked into your SoundCloud account settings, and things are looking ok in there.

Please let us know if this needs further investigation.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,