Answered

iTunes rejected my podcast - need a new RSS url

• 12 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Even though I had checked the explicit content box iTunes rejected my podcast with the reason "The podcast contains explicit content but the explicit tag is not set to yes, explicit, or true." Apple says I need to update my RSS url to resubmit.

Is there a way to update my SoundCloud RSS url? Or do I need to create a brand new SoundCloud account to get a new URL?

I've also reached out to Apple for help but would really appreciate help from the SoundCloud community if you have a solution.

Thank you! 🙂
icon

Best answer by shawnmx 22 April 2018, 18:32

If you've updated the settings for the RSS feed to indicate explicit content, the best thing to do is to wait for Apple to respond. If you could change your SoundCloud feed URL (you can't), you'd potentially wind up with two listings in Apple Podcasts and you'd lose any audience currently subscribed to your older feed.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge
If you've updated the settings for the RSS feed to indicate explicit content, the best thing to do is to wait for Apple to respond. If you could change your SoundCloud feed URL (you can't), you'd potentially wind up with two listings in Apple Podcasts and you'd lose any audience currently subscribed to your older feed.