Question

iTunes saying cover art must be hosted on server that allows http head requests.

• 25 May 2015
  • 3 replies

I am new to this game and I'm having a heck of a time getting my podcast on iTunes. I think I changed the size of my image to be 1400 X 1400, but I'm still having troubles. Help!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Mhh, let's see - is this a persistent issue for you? I've looked into this for you and your settings on our end are looking ok. Your image (the profile image on SoundCloud is what iTunes pulls for your podcast artwork) is currently 1800x1800 px, so this should actually be fine.

The error message is a bit misleading, to be honest. If this issue persists, please let us know. It might also make sense to reach out to iTunes' support and see if they can help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers
Mathis
I am having the same problem and it has not been an error with itunes, I have tried using the help center, but it is well, unhelpful
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am having the same problem and it has not been an error with itunes, I have tried using the help center, but it is well, unhelpful
Hi Chelsea,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with this. I've reached out to our podcasting engineers about this. However, telling from the settings you have on your profile, there is nothing on the SoundCloud account that would likely cause this issue.

When you say "it haas not been and error with itunes", what exactly do you mean? Have you tried to submit to another service and received the same error message? Or, do you mean you've reached out to itunes and they said it is not their issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers
Mathis