Question

iTunes subcategories?

• 8 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Can anyone say if/when Soundcloud will create a way to do subcategories in iTunes? My podcast is in Religion & Spirituality and it's categorized with tons of actual 'religious' podcasts but my podcast is Spiritual related and not religious at all. It really needs to be categorized under the Spirituality category. Does anyone else have that problem? I created a feed in Feedburner but I don't want to have to change my RSS feed and start over.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Unfortunately, this is not something SoundCloud is planning to release in the near future. If this is subject to change in the future, we'll be sure to update you here on the Community.
Thank you Mathis...can I ask why? It seems like many podcasters would really utilize it. I saw many posts on this forum.
Also, I want to find out if I can have multiple categories for podcasts. It seems like other hosts allow multiple categories
Im sorry Mathis but this is a deal breaker. If this isnt added we will start to look for options to Soundcloud soon. Seems like a realy easy thing to fix?
Now that iTunes and apple have made changes to their interface and way of categorising podcasts, it seems relevant to ad the option for a subcategory in Soundcloud. The medium is booming, but guidance and acces to the podcasts of your specific liking is still an issue and seems to be getting harder. Subcategorising would be very helpfull. And a reason for me to leave Soundcloud and choose another hosting platform as well...