Question

Linking feeds without losing subscriptions. Please help!

• 10 March 2016
  • 6 replies

I apologize if this has been answered but I didn't see this question posted. I have a Squarespace where I host my podcast. I use that RSS, link it to feed burner, which i used to submit to iTunes. My show is now on iTunes with no issues. However, I recently learned that Soundclouds stats are much better so I have been also uploading to Soundcloud. However, i would like to us Sound cloud as my RSS feed in iTunes so that I can analyze all of my stats in one location and with the same criteria without losing my current subscribers. I currently have a Pro account here and hate the metrics that feed burner and Square space provide. Any help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
You can set up a 301 permanent redirect from your Feedburner feed to your SoundCloud feed. Then, delete the Feedburner feed.
You can set up a 301 permanent redirect from your Feedburner feed to your SoundCloud feed. Then, delete the Feedburner feed.
Thank you for your response. Now, once I figure out how to create a 301 permanent redirect and I delete the Feedburner feed do I then replace that feed with my soundcloud rss to iTunes or can I leave the Feedburner feed with iTunes?
Userlevel 5
Badge
If you do it properly, the iTunes Store will detect the change and update itself automatically.
Awesome, thank you so much, this has been driving me nuts. Are you well versed in creating a 301 redirect?
Userlevel 5
Badge
I haven't done it myself with Feedburner but this tutorial should give you some decent pointers:
http://create.blubrry.com/manual/syndicating-your-podcast-rss-feeds/leaving-feedburner/
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Mr_WriteNow,

Thanks for your interest in moving your podcast to SoundCloud 🙂 In order to learn as much about podcasting on SoundCloud before moving, I highly recommend http://Hi, merging yours to keep communication on this matter in once place..

I, personally, haven't set up a 301 redirect myself either, however for reference, we do have this as a feature on our user interface, i.e. if someone decides to move away from SoundCloud and continue hosting their episodes somewhere else. Maybe your current service provides a similarly easy way to get this sorted. On SoundCloud, this would be set up in the content settings.

Best of luck, let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis