Question

max numbers of rss items

Hello,

is there a max numbers of items in RSS feed for Sound Cloud profile? because I see some tracks are missing!

Regards,
Ali

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for writing in. Yes, there is currently a limit that's been set for stability reasons. The maximum amount of podcasting episodes you can have in your feed is currently 250. If you're exceeding this amount of tracks, the oldest would disappear from the feed.

All the best
Mathis
Thank you,

I'm developing an app for my tracks, and I want all the tracks to be including in ... How can I achieve this with this RSS limitation?
Hi there,

Thank you for writing in. Yes, there is currently a limit that's been set for stability reasons. The maximum amount of podcasting episodes you can have in your feed is currently 250. If you're exceeding this amount of tracks, the oldest would disappear from the feed.

All the best
Mathis

This is a massive problem for me. Is this being looked at?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

All the best
Mathis

Hi there,

We're currently not planning to increase the max number of tracks that can be in an account's RSS feed. I've forwarded your concern to the product team to discuss future plans around this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thank you,

I'm developing an app for my tracks, and I want all the tracks to be including in ... How can I achieve this with this RSS limitation?

Hi Ali,

Well the current limit is not something that can be extended at this point, so I'm not sure how you can achieve this. It is possible to grad content via our public API, so you might be able to make your app work by using the API.

There is developer documentation for our API here.
Hi there,

All the best
Mathis

So what happens when I get to 250 tracks? Do I need to swap hosting service?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

All the best
Mathis

Hi again,

If you need to have more than 250 episodes available at the same time, I'm afraid that you would need to set up another RSS feed, either with SoundCloud, or with another service, yes.

Otherwise, once you enable a new track to be included in your feed and exceed the limit with it, the oldest track in your feed will automatically drop.