Question

My podcast has two episides in SoundCloud, but only one is showing up in iTunes and doesn't appear to be updating. Any way to fix this?

Userlevel 1
I submitted my podcast to iTunes and it was approved, however, my latest episode doesn't appear to be showing up in iTunes. Is there something on the SoundCloud end preventing iTunes from updating?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you and it seems like you don't have enabled for this track to be included in your RSS feed actually. Not to worry though - this can easily be changed. Just go to your track on SoundCloud, then click the small pen icon under the waveform - this will bring you into the track's "edit" mode. Under "Permissions", you can choose to "Include the track in RSS feed". Once you've saved this change, it should show in your RSS feed, and consequently be pushed to iTunes soon.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Ah, perfect, thanks a million!
Hi, I'm having the same problem, only that all my tracks are included in my RSS feed. When I open the URL in the browser (http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:29348258/sounds.rss) all 15 tracks show up; but iTunes only displays the latest episode. Sounds like it's a problem on the iTunes side. Has anyone else experienced this issue and is there a solution?
I'm having the issue right now. I have 6 podcasts on SoundCloud. All six have RSS enabled, but the most recent one (which was uploaded Friday evening - it's Sunday now) does not show up in iTunes. I keep refreshing in the hopes that something will change, but nothing does. The weird thing is, as a subscriber on the Podcast app, I see the new one. However, if I'm just a random user searching for it, I can't find it.
I have the same problem. I have uploaded two episodes so far, but only one shows up on my podcast itunes page. Strangely enough, it does show up on mobile devices ????
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have the same problem. I have uploaded two episodes so far, but only one shows up on my podcast itunes page. Strangely enough, it does show up on mobile devices ????
Hey there, were you able to sort this out? I've looked for your podcast on the iTunes store and was able to see both episodes. Maybe it just took a moment for iTunes to pick up the new episode?
For me everything worked out fine once I submitted my podcast via the iTunes store. It took a couple of days until it was accepted but after that all episodes showed up.
Before that I had somehow added the podcast url directly to the "My podcasts" section, but that would only give me one episode.
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you and it seems like you don't have enabled for this track to be included in your RSS feed actually. Not to worry though - this can easily be changed. Just go to your track on SoundCloud, then click the small pen icon under the waveform - this will bring you into the track's "edit" mode. Under "Permissions", you can choose to "Include the track in RSS feed". Once you've saved this change, it should show in your RSS feed, and consequently be pushed to iTunes soon.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

This solved my problem too. cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for sharing how you were able to sort out the issue from your end - might be helpful for others looking for the answer of a similar question.
I am having the same issue. I have 4 episodes. I have been accepted my itunes but only episode 3 is showing? Should I give it time?
I'm having the same issue. Two are up on Soundcloud but only one shows in iTunes. Both are RSS enabled. I'm not sure what to do.
Same issue: 3 public episodes, but only most recent one is showing. All have RSS enabled. All were showing until i uploaded the 4th which pushed me over the free 3 hours (which Soundcloud was terrible about notifying me (they didn't) when I was uploading the episode because I uploaded it no problem but then got an email an hour later saying that my first 2 episodes won't show up because I went over the free limit... I have since upgraded and now itunes is only pulling my most recent episode. Sigh, what gives here?
I'm having the issue right now. I have 6 podcasts on SoundCloud. All six have RSS enabled, but the most recent one (which was uploaded Friday evening - it's Sunday now) does not show up in iTunes. I keep refreshing in the hopes that something will change, but nothing does. The weird thing is, as a subscriber on the Podcast app, I see the new one. However, if I'm just a random user searching for it, I can't find it.
Any update with this?