My podcast won't play on iTunes, keep getting "episode unavailable" error message

• 23 December 2015
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
  • Support act***
  • 3250 replies
Hi there,

Can you please make sure the individual track has the allowed permission to be available for RSS on your track settings. If it is and still does not show up then let me know the title of the track.

Thanks,
Gina

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

I am having the same issue can someone help.
i currently have this same issue ! just emailed itunes but idk if its a RSS feed issue or not
same issue here. this sucks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
same issue here. this sucks.
@Good. I hade no issues downloading your podcast episodes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
i currently have this same issue ! just emailed itunes but idk if its a RSS feed issue or not
Hi there,

First things first - please make sure your SoundCloud profile image is at least 1400x1400px in size (max 3000x3000), as this is a minumum requirement form Apple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Your episodes seem to download just fine. No issues subscribing & downloading through iTunes on a Mac on my end. Is the issue only happening to a specific track?

Cheers
Mathis
It is within those parameters
It's episode 15 that has the issue the rest are fine.

That's the only one that has an issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

I'm noticing this is an m4a-file. We've most recently received a few similar reports about m4a-files not working on iTunes podcasting. Thus, can you try and replace the file with an mp3-file and see if this works?

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Mathis
I am having the same issue. It is with our most recent episode. I have added it and deleted it twice. We have uploaded the previous 3 episodes to iTunes with no problem. And they also played with no problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am having the same issue. It is with our most recent episode. I have added it and deleted it twice. We have uploaded the previous 3 episodes to iTunes with no problem. And they also played with no problem.
Hi there N.W.P,

Thanks for reaching out. Hmm, I can see that you've uploaded files as mp3s and m4a's before, and according to what you're saying this has not caused issues in the past.

For the sake of testing this, though, can you try and replace your most recent file, which shows as a m4a file in your feed, with an mp3 version of the track?

Other than that, the feed looks just fine from our end. Have you reached out to iTunes about this issue?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best
Mathis
I'm having the same issue. iTunes was working fine until I uploaded my file yesterday. Now non of my podcasts work. All of my files are mp3, and I don't think uploading one file would mess up the rest of my episodes
Userlevel 1
I'm having the same issue. iTunes was working fine until I uploaded my file yesterday. Now non of my podcasts work. All of my files are mp3. the issue only come up when you try to play the episodes in the podcast app from an iOS device or from iTunes on the computer.
Im having the same issue.
Userlevel 1
I am having this same issue today. When I log into iTunes to sample episodes that have been working up until today, I get the same "temporarily unavailable" message in iTunes. It is happening with all episodes, not just one in particular. I am missing views and likely sponsorship approval from sponsors. Can someone please help!?
Same problem happening.
Same issue happening to my podcast. Perhaps just a iTunes issue. Has anyone received a response from apple on this?
In the same boat. Please help!
Same issue here guy's! No episodes available anymore, since today
It's due to Soundcloud maintenance: http://status.soundcloud.com
Same here on both our shows. I understand there was the maintenance as posted by Running Stories but when will it be back up.
As of 1:00 AM Eastern time, my podcast feeds are still in maintenance. This isn't the product that I pay a good chunk of change for. Can you please update as to when this will be fixed.
Having same problem. Apparently RSS feeds are down, but no idea when they are coming back up
Yup, mine is the same as well: it shows up as downloadable in iTunes, but it will not download.