Question

My RSS feed STATS aren't working. it shows 0 downloads but i know people are using it. why is it only showing 0

• 24 June 2015
  • 8 replies

RSS it shows 0 downloads but i know people are using it. why is it only showing 0.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Can you point us at the track in question for this? Also, please note that we've recently changed how we count Podcasting stats twice - After we brought our podcasting program out of beta, we received a lot of feedback from our users that led our product team to adjust how the podcasting stats are counted.

You can read more about this here.

Hope this helps already :-)

Cheers
Mathis
Hey Mathis,

Its the latest track. its called ep 12 mark bryant golden eagle. I'm aware of the change in april, thats not the problem. the problem is that in the stats page where is has the number of plays but doesn't have anything under the RSS feed, it shows 0 which isn't correct, people are listening including myself through iTunes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Mathis,

Its the latest track. its called ep 12 mark bryant golden eagle. I'm aware of the change in april, thats not the problem. the problem is that in the stats page where is has the number of plays but doesn't have anything under the RSS feed, it shows 0 which isn't correct, people are listening including myself through iTunes.

Ah, my apologies about this - I accidentally pointed you to the old help center article. Your RSS stats should show fine actually. Let's give this another try 🙂 Here is the article that explains where you can find the stats now: http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1455510 The old RSS-indicator might still show right now. This is for the stats for tracks that were uploaded after we came out of beta with the podcasting, until last week, when we changed the RSS stats again, taking in the feedback we'd gotten from our users.

Whoa, quite confusing - sorry about the inconvenience, but I hope this helps shedding some light on the case:-)
I seem to have the same problem stuck on 0 RSS downloads and I know I downloaded at least once
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I seem to have the same problem stuck on 0 RSS downloads and I know I downloaded at least once
Hi there Shooter and the Stache,

Any chance you could take a screenshot of this and highlight where it shows 0 for your rss downloads? This way we'll have a better idea of what you're looking at, which is the episode in questions, etc.

Cheers
Mathis
Hello,
I have the same problem. Here is a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1wv38oyq33jy61/soundcloudstats.png?dl=0
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Klimatpodden,

Sorry about the confusion with this. The value that you've circled is a remnant from when we were counting RSS stats differently. It is still relevant for users that have been uploading their episodes before that change.

To learn how this is now done, please review this article on our help center.

Cheers
Mathis