Question

Need the direct URL to my Soundcloud-hosted MP3? Is there a permalink to the MP3 file?

I plan to use SoundCloud to host my MP3 files, but run the iTunes RSS/XML through my own website. Therefore I need the permalink (or direct URL) to my hosted MP3 files.

I've seen some comments that suggest you can add "/download.mp3" to the SoundCloud URL, and that should force a download of the MP3 file. I'm not having that experience. Instead it just brings up a new SoundCloud player.

Please advise.

5 replies

For example, this doesn't trigger a download of the MP3 file. It just brings up a new player.

https://soundcloud.com/user-107006161/dc-rpg-the-hero-points-podcast-episode-1/download.mp3
Userlevel 3
Hi,

As far as I know, there is no way to take a track from Soundcloud unless the author has allowed downloads on the track. There is no direct hyperlink to an MP3 file on soundcloud, because otherwise it would be too easy for people to steal music that they might have to normally pay for.

Hope this helps
Andrew (Alias AM)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
For example, this doesn't trigger a download of the MP3 file. It just brings up a new player.

https://soundcloud.com/user-107006161/dc-rpg-the-hero-points-podcast-episode-1/download.mp3

Hi there,

The workaround where you would add /download.mp3 to your URL, with downloads enabled on your SoundCloud account is no longer available. If you still want to go for your own feed, though, you'll find the direct URL in the feed that SoundCloud provides. (and for that you need to make sure you set the episodes to be included in your SoundCloud RSS feed).

A bit hacky, but might do the trick for you.

Cheers
Mathis
You can find the true URL that leads to MP3 file if you open the RSS feed file.
But open it in another browser, not the one you use to login to Soundcloud.com because that will redirect you to settings page.
There in the RSS feed that should look like text find enclouse tag.
I plan to use SoundCloud to host my MP3 files, but run the iTunes RSS/XML through my own website. Therefore I need the permalink (or direct URL) to my hosted MP3 files.

I've seen some comments that suggest you can add "/download.mp3" to the SoundCloud URL, and that should force a download of the MP3 file. I'm not having that experience. Instead it just brings up a new SoundCloud player.

Please advise.

all you need to do is go to your song click edit in the top left corner you will see download original song right click that click console then back off to the left click that button and in the console it will show you a url right click the url and copylink address done!
if for whatever reason this doesnt work anymore you can do onclick listeners by targeting $0 in the console (as long as the inspect element is still highlighted on the button)