Answered

New ad system.

• 23 January 2015
  • 1 reply

Ok firstly I want to say that I understand the need of ads to bring in revenue to pay for both staffing and continued growth of a website. Today, I noticed that there were ads that started up at the begging of podcast that I was listening to and I have no problem with that. However, I noticed that should I pause it and then restart it, another ad would play. I imagine that in most situations this isn't a problem but, I listen to these things at work and so constantly pause and then restart it. The shear number of Ads that have been thrown at me in a short amount of time has become highly annoying and is a major putt-off. I don't know if the system can be changed for longer files to have the ads placed at regular intervals but I know for me that would be a more preferable system.

As an aside its only been the anti-smoking ad that has been playing also.

Thanks for your time reading this.
icon

Best answer by Gina 29 January 2015, 15:28

Hi David,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I brought this to our sales team in charge of the ads and they let me know this indeed is expected behaviour. They are cautious not to serve ads if a track is un-paused however restarting or reloading the track will trigger an ad.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any further thoughts or questions.

Best wishes,
Gina
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi David,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I brought this to our sales team in charge of the ads and they let me know this indeed is expected behaviour. They are cautious not to serve ads if a track is un-paused however restarting or reloading the track will trigger an ad.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any further thoughts or questions.

Best wishes,
Gina