Question

New Episodes Not Showing Up On Soundcloud From Libsyn

I recently signed up for Soundcloud because LIBSYN started offering Soundcloud as an additional destination my podcast could be delivered to.

My last 2 weekly episodes appear on Soundcloud Via RSS Feed from LIBSYN as they are supposed to..

My new episode from yesterday will not show up. I have re-released it several times via Libsyn hosting it would happen somehow but no luck... Any ideas what I can do here? Incredibly frustrating. On Libsyn side it confirms that content has been delivered to Soundcloud... So Why wont it show up???

14 replies

I was able to create a ticket on Libsyn, and they did something on their end that pushed the podcast through and it then showed up on Soundcloud.
Was this ever resolved? I am facing the same issue. Today, I went through and synced each episode to SoundCloud from Libsyn, which worked fine for all except the 3 most recent episodes. In my account, the most recent upload is "Episode 33"-- 34-36 did not sync.

To give some background, I was testing the sync earlier this week, and used the three most recent episodes as guinea pigs. I then realized I would have to sync them in order of oldest to newest, so I removed those three most recent tracks from SoundCloud to start fresh.

My guess is SoundCloud has stored the GUID of those first three episodes and marked them as "removed," so re-syncing them, isn't recognized. Could be wrong there, but just a hunch.

Mathis, could you look into this on your end?

same thing is happening to me aaaahhhhhh annoying and time wasting
Same issue. I got a error notice:
"Sorry, the file Myra_Travin_Educational_Futurist.mp3, failed to upload because there was insufficient space available in your Soundcloud account. At the time of upload attempt, there was only 1286 seconds available for the file, which is 1530 seconds long. You will need to take steps to increase the space available before this file can be uploaded."
So, I upgraded to the pro account. I tried to re-release it on the Libsyn side, it shows it was released, but it still hasn't shown up on my SoundCloud feed.
Any thoughts?
Lyssa
Broken record, but same issue.... any updates, Mods?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Was this ever resolved? I am facing the same issue. Today, I went through and synced each episode to SoundCloud from Libsyn, which worked fine for all except the 3 most recent episodes. In my account, the most recent upload is "Episode 33"-- 34-36 did not sync.

To give some background, I was testing the sync earlier this week, and used the three most recent episodes as guinea pigs. I then realized I would have to sync them in order of oldest to newest, so I removed those three most recent tracks from SoundCloud to start fresh.

My guess is SoundCloud has stored the GUID of those first three episodes and marked them as "removed," so re-syncing them, isn't recognized. Could be wrong there, but just a hunch.

Hi Red Fez,

We are still looking into this.

Thanks for your patience,
Gina

Hey Mathis, did you ever hear about a solution to this issue?
Same thing happening to me and Libsyn is taking forever to respond.
Does anyone have a answer? Same issue here.
I'm also have this same issue. I have connected/authorized my LibSyn account to push to SC, but my recent podcasts aren't on SC. They went to iTunes/Twitter and other "outbound" feeds just find.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Hmm, quite strange actually. I do not see any incoming data for these tracks, so they are not stuck in processing or the likes, which would have been the only reason this I can think of from our end for this to fail.

Have you reached out to Libsyn about this issue? If you're not the only person to experience this, it might be an issue on their end.

Sorry I cannot be of more help at this point (couldn't find more info when researching myself), but please let us know how it goes.

Cheers
Mathis

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Kevin,

Any chance you can provide a few screenshots of this feature? This'll help others here on the help forum to understand how this feature works and makes sure we're on the same page about this. If this needs further investigation, I'd be happy to follow up.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 5
Badge
if this 'libsyn' service is actually uploading the audio from their servers to your soundcloud account, if there are any problems, i would start with contacting libsyn support. they are most likely using the http API to upload to your account. there are different limitations on the API than there are using the soundcloud.com website. most notably the maximum file size for upload. the last time i checked i believe the API is around 500MB, and the soundcloud site is 2GB. also depending on the size of the upload, you might have to wait for a little while before it uploads (depending on how they are handling uploads... as requested, or in batches, etc)

ideally libsyn should provide some sort of notification or error response when uploads fail.... either way. also another thing to keep in mind is since you mentioned that 'libsyn started' im guessing this is a recently new feature... if so they might not have all the bugs ironed out.
ok. I literally "Re-Released" the episode 9 times.... On the 9th attempt over 12 hours, Soundcloud Picked it up. GRRRRR Hope this BS does not happen with every new episode