Question

Ok, I am getting the wrong image in two places.

• 25 January 2016
  • 6 replies

Ok, I am getting the wrong image in two places. First my itunes profile pic is wrong, I've resized the image to 1400X1400 and I've also changes the file name still no change. Second when I try to share my page using the sound cloud profile share button the image is the wrong image for the link. I know that soundcloud isn't responsible for itunes but I think the issue is with sound cloud. Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there ThoughtRockets,

Is this a Facebook sharing issue? If so, please take a look here. If you're referring to Twitter, please add ?123 to the end of the URL you're sharing in the Twitter sharing box just before submitting. Both issue occur due to these social networks having cached faulty information unfortunately.

In regards to iTunes, please make sure you SoundCloud profile image is 1400x1400 (max 3000x3000, definitely square).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
I am also having this issue. My image is the correct size and file format for iTunes. I have tried updating and replacing the profile image several times but it still won't update in iTunes, stitcher, or anywhere else. I originally replaced it Sunday night. I replaced it again Monday and Tuesday night and it still hasn't updated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am also having this issue. My image is the correct size and file format for iTunes. I have tried updating and replacing the profile image several times but it still won't update in iTunes, stitcher, or anywhere else. I originally replaced it Sunday night. I replaced it again Monday and Tuesday night and it still hasn't updated.
Hi there,

Hmm, we here iTunes can sometimes be slow to update their iTunes Store caches and show the updated image. However, I was having a difficult time to locate your podcast actually. Mind sending over a link to your podcast on iTunes so I can take a closer look?

Cheers
Mathis
Here you go: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/swipe-right-on-molly-thomas/id1076207989?mt=2

Thank you for your help!
Hi there ThoughtRockets,

Is this a Facebook sharing issue? If so, please take a look here. If you're referring to Twitter, please add ?123 to the end of the URL you're sharing in the Twitter sharing box just before submitting. Both issue occur due to these social networks having cached faulty information unfortunately.

In regards to iTunes, please make sure you SoundCloud profile image is 1400x1400 (max 3000x3000, definitely square).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Hey There Mathis, sorry for the late reply. I fixed the facebook sharing issue i was having using the link you provided; it was extremly helpful. I'm still not getting my image in itunes though. I've contacted them and they have provided me with a link to the podcast dept. I'm going to file throught with that asap.

Here is a link to my Podcast. You've been awesome and really helpful!!!
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/thoughtrockets/id1073502196?mt=2
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:198765578/sounds.rss
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Thanks for following up. Ok, I've looked into it, and once I subscribed to the podcast, the correct image was showing. This usually means that iTunes hasn't caught up on the update. It should change over time (not sure how often iTunes updates their caches), however if it doesn't, reaching out to the iTunes support will be the best way to get this sorted, as this information lies on their end.

Hope this helps to shed some context on the issue.

Cheers
Mathis