Question

Podcast artwork not correct in iTunes Store

I've recently switched my podcast from one show to another. Everything is working other than the fact that my old show's artwork is still showing up in the iTunes store. So if people are searching for my show, the art they see is incorrect. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I've tried uploading a couple of "test" shows to try and flush it out, but it hasn't worked. Please help.

Name: soundcloud.com/mikevstheworld
RSS Feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:91418383/sounds.rss

In the screenshot below, The image under "Podcasts" is incorrect, showing the album art from my old show "RingRiffs"

In the section "Podcast Episodes" ... the album art for the two "Mike vs. the World" shows are correct. I'm uploading two different podcasts under the same account.

This topic has been closed for comments

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
apple caches all the podcasts in the itunes music store. you may not see podcast updates in itunes right away unless you are subscribbed and refresh. it may take up to 24 hours to see updates. also itunes has size requirements for the podcast image. i believe its 1400x1400 pixels.
apple caches all the podcasts in the itunes music store. you may not see podcast updates in itunes right away unless you are subscribbed and refresh. it may take up to 24 hours to see updates. also itunes has size requirements for the podcast image. i believe its 1400x1400 pixels.
It's been 4 Days at this point, and the file is a 1400 x 1400 png file.
Userlevel 5
Badge
i can confirm that the old image is still being shown in the itms, after subscribing it DOES show the correct image... so soundcloud is doing everything correctly. you might want to try re-uploading your profile image again so the url will change in the rss/xml that soundcloud is providing. the next time that apple parses the xml it 'should' notice a different url for the main image and update it accordingly.
Userlevel 5
Badge
also enter the soundcloud rss url here: http://validator.w3.org/feed/

and correct any issues that show... right now your feed does not validate. which could also be a reason why its not updating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

I've looked into this just now and iTunes indeed still shows an outdated artwork. However, once you subscribe to the podcast, the proper image is shown, which means this is something to do with how iTunes caches info on their end.

Also, I double checked the RSS feed and it validates fine now for me when running it through http://validator.w3.org/.

Here's what I'd suggest:
a) Try uploading the artwork again and give the file a different file name. Maybe this'll help tigger iTunes to refresh their caches.
b) If this doesn't help, get in touch with the iTunes support to see what they can do.

Hope this helps!

All the best
Mathis
:Sigh: Do you have a good contact e-mail for Apple support for podcasts? I've having trouble locating one with Google.
Userlevel 5
Badge
itunes@apple.com should work
how in the bloody F*** does one upload new podcast artwork... because mine is doing the same darned thing...
Userlevel 5
Badge
how in the bloody F*** does one upload new podcast artwork... because mine is doing the same darned thing...
https://soundcloud.com/settings

hover your mouse over your current image to show the upload new image button.
Right. I meant on iTunes in general... Its a hassle it seems.
Whether I am supposed to do it through the windows program or go online via browser and do it... My artwork has changed since I originally submitted the feed to iTunes. The xml feed all points to the new artwork but the iTunes store listing shows the old iteration still...
I have the same problem! The correct artwork shows on my phone podcast feed, but does NOT show on my itunes url
HELP
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have the same problem! The correct artwork shows on my phone podcast feed, but does NOT show on my itunes url
HELP

Hi there SuperMamas,

Thanks for posting & sorry about the troubles. Now, I'm not sure which one is your most current artwork, so here are instruction how you can isolate the issue on your end:

1. Go to https://soundcloud.com/settings/content to grab your RSS feed URL
2. Open a new tab in your browser and paste the URL into the address field. Press enter.
3. You will now see a whole lot of text. Search for a URL that ends with .jpg (the line starts with "<itunes:image href=" --> this is the image that iTunes pulls from your feed.
4. Copy the URL (starting with http://...) and paste this URL in another new tab. The image you see now is the one iTunes pulls.

If this image is your most recent artwork, then you're good to go as far as your settings on SoundCloud's end are concerned. It will then be a matter of time until iTunes picks up the new information. If it isn't, make sure it is your profile picture that you update rather then the image for your most recent episode. This can sometimes be a bit confusing.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Podcast Cover Image Not Showing in iTunes.

I have uploaded a 1400X1400 pixel image to sound cloud for the profile and also on individual tracks but the cover images are not showing up in iTunes. In sound cloud the images appear. But When you search Richard Summerlin in iTunes podcast there is no image on anything but if you hit "subscribe" to podcast then the cover image appears under "My Podcasts".
Userlevel 5
Badge
itunes caches all the listings in the itms. please allow a few days and the new image should display.
I've been having the exact same problem for several weeks now and after making sure that the size of the image is correct and making sure that the size of the file is appropriate and doing everything to make sure the feed is proper the only solution that has been given to me has been to simply wait for it to change which is frustrating. It's really unusual for this problem to persist for weeks because I've updated images on iTunes before and it actually changed within a few minutes after the update. I feel your pain and frustration. I wonder if having individual images to tracks plays a factor in all this because I have the updated artwork up and on the itunes store it's showing the outdated artwork, but one of the tracks shows the image that I've uploaded for that specific track. I just wish itunes was more helpful with issues like this because it seems as though their support is unbelievably lacking. Let me know if any changes occur and I'll keep you posted on my end as well.
I'm having this issue too. Did anyone work it out?
Userlevel 1
I'm also having the problem with my podcast. It's been several days that I changed cover images (added logo at the bottom) and it still isn't loading in iTunes.

Here is the feed:

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:12533185/sounds.rss
Hi there, I am also having this problem and I am seconds away from tearing my hair out! I don't suppose anyone was able to resolve this problem?

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:200142962/sounds.rss
The only bit of info I've been able to gather about this problem (which we are also having) is that you ALSO have to make sure the size of the entire photo is under 500KB. Apparently that's why itunes is rejecting it. I tried it today along with changing the name of the file and am awaiting the results.