Question

Podcast artwork reformatted by Sound Cloud? Not updating to iTunes!

• 22 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I am struggeling to make new artwork for my podcast appear in iTunes.
I have followed this guide:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003446687-Your-podcast-s-artwork
My artwork is 1400 x 1400 pixels BUT when i check the RSS feed as per the guide above the artwork has been shrunk to a 675 x 675 pixel size! Please help me fix this, it is EXTREMELY annoying and is driving me slightly mad.

3 replies

I've experienced the same issue. I just went ahead and updated the image to reflect 3000 x 3000 pixels and Soundcloud continues to reformat the image. Any idea on why or how this may be occurring?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

The RSS feed will contain the original artwork that you have uploaded. When you take your RSS feed URL and add it into the address window of your browser, then hit enter, you'll see a lot of text - that's your feed. Look for the first occurrence of a URL that ends with .jpg - that's the URL of the image services such as iTunes are picking up, and it remains unchanged.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Is there anyway to change that original image that itunes is picking up? I am running into the same issue. If I delete my soundcloud feed and re-upload my episodes will I get a brand new rss feed?