Question

Podcast feed not playing on iTunes - 'temporarily unavailable'

Having issues with iTunes saying the entire Zeus Pod podcast feed is 'temporarily unavailable' - uploaded a new episode today and it seems to now affect all 40 eps. All episodes on Macbook just have the spinning wheel when you click to play.

Help!

38 replies

Having this problem as well for Finding Tammy Jo and other podcasts in the D&C podcast network.
I have been experiencing this for over 12 hours. This was posted last night. “We will be doing maintenance on our site shortly that will affect RSS feeds. This feature will be disabled for all tracks until further notice. Please continue to check our Status Blog for updates.” I am looking at migrating to a different host after this.
I have the same issue with my podcast 2randomsheets plays on soundcloud but not on itunes, I contacted itunes as i thought it was an issue there end and thay told me they have no issues they are aware of.
same as you, 15eps not working. We pay for this service and this is not on at all. They are not even updating us
Has anyone had any luck getting them to reply to an email?
What email address are you using?
@ The Vanished Podcast i just tried your podcast on iTunes it is doing the exact same as mine, defo got the same issue
I emailed them through the contact link on the website. I emailed last night and this morning. I noticed this started around 9pm EST. I eventually found their status msg explaining that they were doing maintenance but they have not updated that.
Stitcher and google play music are working but not iTunes.
Stitcher et Google Play Music are the only 2 services hosting a copy of the episode file ;)
So this is normal that download/streaming work for those services.
Every other app/service using the RSS feed url will fail...
Wonder how long to they sort the issue..... I am losing Views!! haha Sunday is normally my best day ;-/
Userlevel 1
I'm having the same issue. iTunes was working fine until I uploaded my file yesterday. Now non of my podcasts work. All of my files are mp3,its not working on any of the sites my rss feed sends the show to, you take money promptly from us every month and now you are costing us money in sponsorships because no one can listen to the show.
Userlevel 1
I am having this same issue today. When I log into iTunes to sample episodes that have been working up until today, I get the same "temporarily unavailable" message in iTunes. It is happening with all episodes, not just one in particular. I am missing views and likely sponsorship approval from sponsors. Can someone please help!?
I'm seeing the same issue
Absolute Geek Podcast you summed this up perfect...
Same thing happening here....
Userlevel 1
This is absolutely unacceptable. Is there no way to direct message a staff member or moderator to bring attention to this issue? A free site should be expected not to have this happen---but a paid membership site must absolutely not allow this sort of event to repeat itself (as I see has been the case through other posts in the forum).
Glad it's not just us, but this is very sloppy. For the last 24 hours we've lost a whole day of downloads for our newest episode of our Podcast, and our numbers are half what we normally have by this point in the week.. We chose to pay for Soundcloud as it has always been reliable and recommended in the past.
Same thing happening to us at Archive 81. It's completely unacceptable. If this is not resolved within the next three hours or so, I'm considering moving to Libsyn.
Same issue with our podcast show!
ditto
Ugh, it's always fun when they don't tweet this stuff out.
Both my podcasts that are hosted on soundcloud are also not working on iTunes currently. Where can I follow to see if any fix is implemented? Thanks!
Glad it's not just us, but this is very sloppy. For the last 24 hours we've lost a whole day of downloads for our newest episode of our Podcast, and our numbers are half what we normally have by this point in the week.. We chose to pay for Soundcloud as it has always been reliable and recommended in the past.
I noticed today that my numbers dropped out of nowhere. Then I got messages from listeners alerting me. Thanks soundcloud for communicating to your customers!
Same with our entire feed.
I read elsewhere it's due to maintenance as noted here http://status.soundcloud.com/
So, okay, but when will it be fixed?