Question

Podcast HELP! How do I switch iTunes from Amateur to Professional on my podcast?

• 21 August 2015
  • 5 replies

I noticed that it says Amateur on my iTunes page, please help me figure out how to make it say Professional!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Arsenal Miami Podcast,

I've looked at this on iTunes, and I believe the "Amateur" is rather in regards to the sports category your podcast is in, rather then evaluating the level of your podcast as such. Hope this clarifies things. If not so, or of you have any further questions, let us know. Happy to help.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks so much for the reply. Yes it is, Arsenal is a professional sports team I'm trying to switch it to reflect that. Jon
Hi there Arsenal Miami Podcast,

I've looked at this on iTunes, and I believe the "Amateur" is rather in regards to the sports category your podcast is in, rather then evaluating the level of your podcast as such. Hope this clarifies things. If not so, or of you have any further questions, let us know. Happy to help.

Cheers
Mathis

Mathis, I don't know why this question is marked answered, my question isn't answered. Please refer below.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Podcast HELP! How do I switch iTunes from Amateur team to Professional team on my....

Arsenal is a professional sports team not amateur (I accidentally put Amateur when I made the iTunes account); Everywhere I go to ask how to fix it says to "fix it in your RSS feed" but there is no place to do that on my RSS feed (It's not a word press, whatever that is). There is nowhere to change it on iTunes either. I need help please.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah, ok, I guess I'm now getting what you're saying. However, we don't have any influence into which category your podcast falls. I understand you've received the advice to change the tags in your RSS feed info - this is not an option at this time.

Have you reached out to the iTunes support about this to see if they can help?

Cheers
Mathis