Question

Podcast not showing up on iTunes

All of our podcasts have shown up -- and quickly -- on iTunes. The last one, however, has not shown up in 24 hours. We don't know if it's anything on our end, SoundCloud or iTunes. Any ideas? Thanks

15 replies

I have the same issue - I uploaded my podcast to SoundCloud and it has not shown up on iTunes or stitcher yet. Any thoughts - This is the first this has happened
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I've looked into this, and it seems like your most recent episode is currently not included in your feed. Not to worry though, there's an easy way to change this setting. The middle part of this article on our help center has a gif that shows which box to tick in order to include your track in your RSS feed. Once this change was saved, it should be picked up by itunes soon.

Also, for future uploads, you can choose to include new uploads in your RSS feed straight away here: https://soundcloud.com/settings/content

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
You are correct and thanks for the help!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I think my RSS feed not updating itunes/stitcher/etc...

I believe my RSS feed to be broken but to what extent I don't know. I tried using podtrac with the redirect last week and received called that people weren't able to subscribe to my podcast anymore and there was an RSS error... I deleted it and saved and people were able to subscribe again. seemed like problem solved. well I uploaded a new episode last night and normally I see the episode available on iTunes, stitcher, and all the other directories right away. I need this fixed as soon as possible. can someone help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I think my RSS feed not updating itunes/stitcher/etc...

I believe my RSS feed to be broken but to what extent I don't know. I tried using podtrac with the redirect last week and received called that people weren't able to subscribe to my podcast anymore and there was an RSS error... I deleted it and saved and people were able to subscribe again. seemed like problem solved. well I uploaded a new episode last night and normally I see the episode available on iTunes, stitcher, and all the other directories right away. I need this fixed as soon as possible. can someone help?

Hi there,

This convo should get you going for your most recent episode 🙂

As far as Podtrac is concerned, you'd need to setup an account with Podtrac first. Once this is set, you can head over to your SoundCloud account and go to https://soundcloud.com/settings/content. In the "Stats service URL prefix"-field, you'd add "http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/". This is basically a generic URL provided by podtrac, but it'll let Podtrac identify your SoundCloud RSS feed. Did you do that when the podcast broke, or had you a different link in that field (from what I've seen so far, it can sometimes be confusing what to put in that field, and consequently lead to breaking of the feed).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled iTunes not updating.

Hi. I'm on episode 14 of my podcast and everything has been fine, but my latest one won't show up in iTunes. I've refreshed and refreshed, and I've deleted the file and reuploaded, but it's not showing up. Can someone give me a hand? Thanks!
Hi Podcast is included in RSS feed, but not showing up on iTunes, previous 5 podcasts have been fine. Help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Podcast is included in RSS feed, but not showing up on iTunes, previous 5 podcasts have been fine. Help?
Hi Villem & Mcleod,

I'm having a difficult time to find your podcast on the iTunes store actually. When you're writing "previous 5 podcasts have been fine", do you mean the previous 5 episodes on your podcast, or are you actually referring to entirely different podcasts here?

I've checked your tracks, and they are indeed all included in your feed, so this should be all set.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Cheers
Mathis
Mathis, could you please help me out, too? I have the same issue with one episode of my podcast. Thank you!
All sorted, just took longer than usual to show, thanks anyway

I've successfully uploaded my first 4 podcast episodes on iTunes but my 5th episode (which is a part of my playlist) hasn't shown up in iTunes and it's been well over 24 hours. Any help?
Hi there,

I've looked into this, and it seems like your most recent episode is currently not included in your feed. Not to worry though, there's an easy way to change this setting. The middle part of this article on our help center has a gif that shows which box to tick in order to include your track in your RSS feed. Once this change was saved, it should be picked up by itunes soon.

Also, for future uploads, you can choose to include new uploads in your RSS feed straight away here: https://soundcloud.com/settings/content

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis.

I am not able to get anything in iTunes at all. I uploaded my first two podcasts 2 days ago. I think I have followed all steps with the RSS feed. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Br,

Ulrik,
The recent episodes of my podcast are suddenly not showing anymore in Itunes. I didn't do anything different than I did before.
On iTunes my status is ''error'' and says this: Can’t parse your feed. Invalid XML: Error on line 56: Character reference "�" is an invalid XML character.

Like I said I didn't do anything differently and suddenly I get this error.
This is my RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:58505526/sounds.rss

Really hope someone can help me 🙂