Question

Podcast RSS keeps timing out

• 23 November 2014
  • 3 replies

The RSS feed for my Soundcloud file keeps timing out. Sometimes it'll load and other times it'll give the error "504 Gateway Time-outThe server didn't respond in time." This is causing some really serious problems with the podcast tied to our public radio show and I'd appreciate if you'd take a look to see what's going on with the SoundCloud server. My podcast rss is: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:16563806/sounds.rss

Thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Backstory,

Sorry about the delay in responding and thank you for posting. Is this still an issue for you? If so, please let us know and we'll take another look. If you were able to fix this, please still let us know to make sure a solution for this is available for others who might run into similar issues 🙂

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi there Backstory,

Sorry about the delay in responding and thank you for posting. Is this still an issue for you? If so, please let us know and we'll take another look. If you were able to fix this, please still let us know to make sure a solution for this is available for others who might run into similar issues 🙂

Cheers,
Mathis

Mine is having the same issue. I can manually subscribe via file subscribe then pasting my RSS feed, but when I try to upload it via podcast submitting on itunes it times out. I noticed I had the file as wave and then changed it to mp3 but it's still timing out. Do I need to delete and re upload all my podcasts as mp3 in order for it not to time out? I changed my recent one to mp3 but it still times out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Backstory,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mulehorn Gaming,

I believe I've responded to you on another conversation already. Looks like the profile image might be what's keeping your podcast from being accepted.