Question

Podcast to iTunes

I am trying to upload my podcast to iTunes but iTunes keeps telling me that the rss feed is set as a test feed instead of the proper feed. Do I need to change something in my settings or am I missing something completely?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Luke,

Hmm, from what I can see, none of the "usual suspects" apply - your profile image is square and between 1400x1400 and 3000x3000, you have episodes included in your rss feed, and you have not set up a subscriber redirect. These are things that might break the feed and that we see often among users.

Have you changed anything since reporting this here on the Community? Are you all set?
Mathis wrote:

Hey Luke,

Hmm, from what I can see, none of the "usual suspects" apply - your profile image is square and between 1400x1400 and 3000x3000, you have episodes included in your rss feed, and you have not set up a subscriber redirect. These are things that might break the feed and that we see often among users.

Have you changed anything since reporting this here on the Community? Are you all set?

Hey Mathis,

I've changed nothing and it's still coming up as a test. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
😕 Now that is odd! Have you reached out to iTunes about it?
I have and their response is that the rss feed has been incorrect (it hasn't as google play is fine with it). I have sent another request to them and am still waiting to hear back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
LukeBanack wrote:

I have and their response is that the rss feed has been incorrect (it hasn't as google play is fine with it). I have sent another request to them and am still waiting to hear back.

Hey Luke,

Thanks for your reply. Let us know what iTunes comes back with. I hope they can help you get to the bottom of this soon.
Mathis,

This was the response for iTunes. I'm not sure where I would change this in Soundcloud as I can't even find where that phrase is.

Hello Lucas,

As stated previously, the description does not provide a complete overview of your podcast, and is being seen as placeholder text:

"Podcast by Lucas Banack”

Please let me know once you’ve update your podcasts description.
Hi Luke,

This might be what you're looking for - https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449407-Profile-description-and-web-links
jnguyen17 wrote:

Hi Luke,

This might be what you're looking for - https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449407-Profile-description-and-web-links

Thanks! I'll give it a shot.