Question

Problem with podcast and iTunes

• 12 December 2014
  • 2 replies

So I have two podcasts on SoundCloud, The Attitude Era Podcast and Cinema Swirl

Both are submitted to iTunes using blogger and enclosing episodes by putting in the episode url with download.mp3 at the end.

However yesterday both feeds stopped working on iTunes - for whatever reason no episodes can be downloaded.

After a trip to the Apple support forums, I was told that the download.mp3 links now had no coding and contained no files!

So now my podcasts can't be downloaded on iTunes

https://soundcloud.com/cinemaswirl/episode-8-jaws/download.mp3

I have no idea what the issue is, and why it started only yesterday. Anyone who can offer help/insight I'd be greatly appreciative, all I know is that the issue is on SoundClouds end!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting and sorry about the inconvenience. The way you used the download.mp3-link is actually somewhat of a hack to begin with, but it was working properly - which is good.

We're experiencing difficulties with some parts of the download service at the moment, and I believe this affected your way to use this feature as well. Our developers are looped in on this and they are currently looking into it.

However, I guess this is a good chance for you to look into our podcasting program. It is currently still in beta (and has been for quite a while actually), but rest assured wheels are turning :-)

If you're interested, please take a look at this article on our help center which also contains the application link. Feel free to let us know here once you've applied :-)

Once this is in place, the RSS feed that is created will contain direct download links actually, and you might be able to use these to get your Blogger podcast working again.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Upate - the initial bug we were seeing should now be resolved.

Cheers,
Mathis