Question

Profile Picture

• 10 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I have been trying for hours to get my podcast uploaded to iTunes from Soundcloud. Everything is done but the profile picture. I see this has been an issue for many other people, but I can't figure it out.

My profile picture and my podcast picture are both a slice of pizza. Solely for the fact that it was "1400 x 1400" in google. I have tried to put no less than 8 pictures up and none work. I keep getting this msg " Podcast cover art must be between 1400x1400 and 3000x3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests."

What else can I do? Could anyone help me please?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Nic,

Your current SoundCloud profile picture is 355 x 355. The profile picture is the one that you want to update to a bigger size image, not necessarily the artwork of each individual track. (but I'd recommend to use high resolution images, i.e. 1400 x 1400 px for everything to be sure it looks best regardless of the platform your listeners are looking at it.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
P.S.: To double check, copy the RSS feed URL, paste it in the address field of a new browser window and hit enter. Search the text for the .jpg file - that's your image, i.e. the one iTunes will look at. To check if it's got the right size, you can check the size within your browser (using developer tools), or download it by pasting the .jpg URL in another window browser and hit enter. Now you can right click and save as...

🙂