Question

RSS feed seems to be invalid...: HTTP error??

• 22 January 2017
  • 6 replies

we have a few tracks on Soundcloud, and are trying to submit our RSS feed to itunes, so we can get our content on a podcast!
Problem is, when we tried, we kept getting the error message "Can't read your feed" and we went to WC3 Feed validator, and it gave us an HTTP error.
with the following message:

An error occurred while trying to validate this feed.
Possible causes:
The address may be incorrect. Make sure the address is spelled correctly. Try loading the feed directly in your browser to make sure a feed exists at that address.
The feed may be temporarily unavailable. The server may be down, or too slow. Try again later.
The validator may be busted. If the feed exists, the server is fine, and the problem is reproducible, let us know on the feedvalidator-users mailing list.

we copy & pasted the RSS feed, so no way there was a typo!
we believe we followed all the steps from setting up the account, including our tracks in the RSS, and do not know why this is happening!
any ideas?

Thanks
VentureLink

6 replies

Your RSS feed isn't working? Possible solutions here --> http://podcasting.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2110192-my-rss-feed-isn-t-working
Thank you Chris!
Yes we checked that page and ticked all the boxes....
Looks like everything is in order...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @VentureLink,

Very odd case - I've reached out to our engineers about this one and they are investigating. Hope I can soon reach out to you again with an update.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis
Thank you Mathis!
Yep that would be great!
Please let us know
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again VentureLink,

Our engineers got back to me and it looks like this issue can be caused by emojis or special unicode characters, so they're recommending to take out the japanese characters, sign out, restart your browser, then try again. Fixing this from our end has been added to our engineers list, however they already mentioned this is likely to take a while until it can be addressed and fixed.

Thus, I'd recommend to try that, see if it helps, and please let us know here on the community.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi VentureLink,

Did you change anything on your end? From what I can see, your RSS feed is now loading properly.

Please let us know if you adjusted anything from your end so other users on the community can benefit from the solution, too :-)

Happy Podcasting!

Cheers
Mathis