Answered

Scheduling Your Content To Go Live

• 11 March 2015
  • 27 replies

Hi,

I post regular podcasts and I would like to know if there is a way to schedule when your content goes live?

So, for example, one records their shows a week in advance. Is there a way to schedule when that advance episode goes live?

I just thought it's a useful feature that could save a bit of time.

Looking forward to hearing from anybody!
icon

Best answer by Plevisani 27 March 2018, 17:59

And it's live!
View original

27 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Gina!

When you say Premier, do you mean the "Pro Unlimited" plan?

This is a really critical feature for serious podcasters... It basically means that you can go on vacation 🙂.

Can this feature be included in Pro-Unlimited?

Cheers!

I agree with Starting From Zero. Not just scheduling, but changing the release date which should reflect at least in the RSS feed. This is a very basic feature available in almost all platforms including content management systems, blogs, and competing podcast hosts. I can't imagine it's that difficult to implement, too. It'd be a very easy win for the dev team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dessert Sesssions,

Yummy podcast name btw. We do actually offer scheduled uploads for our Premier partners (https://on.soundcloud.com/). We hope to open this up to more users in the future. In the meantime you can certainly make a shout out to our team to implement the feature site wide here.

lol...I just popped into your profile thinking it was all dessert talk, I guess not 😞 but still good stuff!

Cheers,
Gina
Hi Dessert Sesssions,

Yummy podcast name btw. We do actually offer scheduled uploads for our Premier partners (https://on.soundcloud.com/). We hope to open this up to more users in the future. In the meantime you can certainly make a shout out to our team to implement the feature site wide here.

lol...I just popped into your profile thinking it was all dessert talk, I guess not 😞 but still good stuff!

Cheers,
Gina

I also want this feature and may have to leave Soundcloud and go back to Libsyn if it isn't made available soon.
Hi Gina!

This is a really critical feature for serious podcasters... It basically means that you can go on vacation 🙂.

Cheers!
Got pro account, ridiculous this feature isn't featured in the package, come on!
I know this is such a basic feature..esp for podcasts or non-music folks-even music folks might want something to drop on a certain day and not have to be tied to computer!
This is frustrating that this scheduling option isn't available. I use scheduling for Hootsuite and Mailchimp and it seems crazy that Soundcloud doesn't offer this option. If you are able to offer it to some customers, why not everyone? We would pay for it.
This is nuts. 1) what is a premier partner?? 2) if the function is developed why is it not available to someone paying for your most expensive plan??
I couldn't agree more with all the people replying here. PLEASE Soundcloud add the feature soon. Otherwise it makes no sense to have the PRO UNLIMITED Plan any longer. Thanks
I do agree would love to be able to schedule audio on soundcloud. Any day soon?
Hello! Is there any update on this feature? Cheers.
Userlevel 1
Hi Gina!

Cheers!

I totally would move up to Pro-Unlimited for this feature!
And it's live!
I'd pay for this!!! LETS GO SOUNDCLOUD!!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Followers Don't Get Notified When Track Goes From Private To Public.

Common scenario: an artist uploads a track privately. Artist gives private link / embed code to publicist. After a 2 weeks of pitching, a publicist secures a premiere. The media outlet posts the premiere using the private embed code.

The day after the premiere, the artist sets the track to public. But since SoundCloud's home page features tracks by the most-recent upload date, their followers do not get alerted.

Any way around this?
Hi Gina!

Cheers!

I just upgraded to pro-unlimited, and wow do I wish I took a longer look before pressing the buy button. I made the assumption that scheduling would be built in. And alas. This.
Seriously guys! It would be great to get a scheduling feature! I mean I paid for Pro Unlimited thinking that it would be included.
pro-unlimited, no availability tab.
i have pro but this doesn't seem to work on my account.
So only the cool, popular kids can get scheduling for their tracks?
Looks like it's only available to Premier users with no plans in the foreseeable future to make it available to other paying customers. Total shame (and money on the table when people start paying more for other platforms that DO offer this...)

Userlevel 5
Badge
Here's the official announcement on post scheduling from SoundCloud, if it helps:
https://blog.soundcloud.com/2018/03/28/start-scheduling-releases-never-change-plans/
Scheduling its a most nowadays with podcasting. I like Soundcloud but I'd go with Libsyn just because of it scheduling feature.

Is there a way to know if this feature is coming soon?

Thanks!
nowadays is it available?
Turns out you can schedule uploads from the 'Availability' tab. Not sure how well this works, haven't tested anything. Also not sure if this is a pro feature or not, since I'm using a pro account to view the page. Hope this might help some of you.