Question

Statistics: Tracking listener engagement per episode

• 26 June 2015
  • 3 replies

One stat category that's currently missing but critically important to understanding the success of podcasts is listener engagement. Specifically, I need to know how long listeners are staying tuned into each episode, along with breakdowns by percentage of those who remain/leave through the running of each episode.

When I formerly hosted videos through blip.tv, Blip provided this tracking in a graph form, allowing me to see the percentage of listeners remaining from beginning (100%) to the end and all points in between, to the second.

Does SoundCloud track/measure engagement at this level for SoundCloud-hosted audio?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Metal Brainiac,

Thanks for posting. We currently don't provide this level of stats - sorry. However, Podtrac does offer a great deal of measurement opportunities and ties in with SoundCloud. Maybe worth a look?
Thanks for the response, Mathis. I've newly registered for Podtrac, but it's not clear to me whether they provide this level of stats. I hope SoundCloud considers expanding its stats to include this with Pro accounts—it could drive business and really distinguish you from other audio-hosting services.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for the response, Mathis. I've newly registered for Podtrac, but it's not clear to me whether they provide this level of stats. I hope SoundCloud considers expanding its stats to include this with Pro accounts—it could drive business and really distinguish you from other audio-hosting services.
Thanks for the follow up. I'll make sure to forward your feedback to our Podcasting product team.