Question

Stitcher keeps giving me and error when I try and upload my rss feed ? feed checker says its a valid link

Content Provider ApplicationShowsWe Got Some Issues !?Error: We are unable to validate this RSS feed. Please check that the URL is correct, and make sure the feed is presently available for listening.

error message !

Im trying to submit my feed to stiticher I keep checking the link ! I even changed the pictures sizes etc

Help this is driving me crazy rss feed will not submit

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
What's the URL of the feed you're trying to submit?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

You'll have to include at least one episode in your RSS feed (Setting up your RSS feed on the Help Center includes a step by step for that). Also, please make sure your SoundCloud profile picture is square and between 1400x1400px and 3000x3000px.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi! I'm having the same problem! When I give Stitcher my Soundcloud RSS Feed validated by validator, I keep getting the following message: Content Provider Application Shows "Gay Gynecologist in Paris" : Error: We are unable to validate this RSS feed. Please check that the URL is correct, and make sure the feed is presently available for listening.I changed the image to 1500x1500 square and I have two podcast tracks available for listening. Do you know what the problem is?
I have verified that Subscriber Redirect is empty and Stats Service URL Prefix is also empty
Userlevel 5
Badge
What's the URL to the feed you've tried submitted to Stitcher?
Hi Shawnmx, thanks for replying! This is my URL for the feed:

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:239749648/sounds.rss
Hi Shawnmx! Any news? Any ideas?
Hi Shawnmx! Any news? Any ideas?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Your podcast RSS feed contains no episodes. Stitcher (and most other podcast aggregation platforms) won't accept the feed until it contains episodes.
Thanks for answering Shawnmx! I have three episodes up on Soundcloud. Are you saying that there should be shows on Soundcloud or Stitcher? If you mean Soundcloud, as you can see in the pic here, I have three shows on Soundcloud. If you mean Stitcher, I don't think I can get shows up there unless I have a correct RSS feed. Thanks for answering quickly if you can.

Thanks for answering Shawnmx! I have three episodes up on Soundcloud. Are you saying that there should be shows on Soundcloud or Stitcher? If you mean Soundcloud, as you can see in the pic here, I have three shows on Soundcloud. If you mean Stitcher, I don't think I can get shows up there unless I have a correct RSS feed. Thanks for answering quickly if you can.
I'm using a free trial of Soundcloud, could that be the problem? Why would I start paying, when I can't get this thing off the ground? 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge
The RSS feed you linked to contains no episodes. So, while you apparently have added some media to your SoundCloud account, for whatever reason, that media isn't making its way into your podcast RSS feed. And that's why Stitcher is rejecting the feed. I'm unsure exactly how to remedy this. I know the free account has a limit in terms of how much you can upload. If perhaps you've exceeded that somehow, that might be the problem.
Hmmmm... how to solve this??
Userlevel 5
Badge
Not sure. Make sure you've followed all the steps here:
https://on.soundcloud.com/creator-guide/podcasting
I've yet to create a podcast thru SoundCloud (will be doing that soon) so I'm not personally familiar with the process.
Well, problem not solved. I think I'll have to move to another company. So unfortunate. But thanks so much, Shawnmx, for trying to help me!
Userlevel 5
Badge
I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm stumped. I work with the support team for Blubrry, a podcasting company. If you have any questions about Blubrry services, e-mail me: shawn@blubrry.com