Question

Subscribing to a Podcast....

• 11 March 2015
  • 3 replies

This is crazy. How in the world do you subscribe to a podcast on SoundCloud? It appears that every time I want to listen to a newly released podcast, I have to search for it in the search bar. Subscribing to a podcast should be pretty straight forward and basic issue, right? Plus, podcasts do not seemed to be listed in chronological order when you complete a search. Seems counter-intuitive to me... And searching through the support forums... also very frustrating process.... Argue

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
soundcloud provided rss feeds are still in beta and by request/approval only. the rss feed url is not displayed on user profile pages that have been accepted into the beta program. you will need to ask the user for it, or hope they have it posted somewhere. there is no way to search for podcasts provided by soundcloud.

once subscribed, episodes will be listed in the order you have set in your podcasting application, so check the settings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

@Dubstep.fm - thanks for chiming in there and helping out - much appreciated! 🙂

I'd like to add that our product team is currently working to bring podcasting out of beta soon and is currently working out the improvements we feel are necessary to make this a non-beta feature on SoundCloud.

When there are further updates around this, we'll make sure to let you know on the help forum as well.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

@Dubstep.fm - thanks for chiming in there and helping out - much appreciated! 🙂

I'd like to add that our product team is currently working to bring podcasting out of beta soon and is currently working out the improvements we feel are necessary to make this a non-beta feature on SoundCloud.

When there are further updates around this, we'll make sure to let you know on the help forum as well.

Cheers
Mathis

Is there currently, or will there be a fee to upload to Soundcloud? Also are there any limits on file size uploads and storage?