Answered

Switching from SoundCloud RSS to FeedBurner after show is already on iTunes

• 14 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I'm brand new to podcasting and to RSS feeds. We launched our podcast recently, got accepted onto iTunes and Spotify. However, we want to be in a different category/sub-category in the iTunes directory. Since SoundCloud doesn't offer the ability to add sub-categories and the offered solution is FeedBurner, my question is this:

Can I swap out my current SoundCloud RSS with the one I've created using FeedBurner within the iTunes Podcast Connect with no problems? Will we lose our subscribers from the original feed? How do we go about adding in a sub-category to a feed that already exists within the iTunes store?

Do I just put the new FeedBurner RSS URL in the "Subscriber Redriect" section under the Settings > Content page?

If there's any details you need from me to assist further, please let me know.

Cheers,
Dain
icon

Best answer by shawnmx 16 October 2018, 18:30

Setting the Subscriber Redirect to FeedBurner will automatically update Apple Podcasts (and any other syndication points you're using) to start using the FeedBurner feed the next time it checks your SoundCloud feed. You don't need to do anything else. But absolutely make sure the FeedBurner feed is completely set up before you set up the redirect. You may cause yourself problems if you do the redirect too soon.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Once FeedBurner is set up, put the FeedBurner feed URL into the Subscriber Redirect setting of your SoundCloud dashboard.
Once FeedBurner is set up, put the FeedBurner feed URL into the Subscriber Redirect setting of your SoundCloud dashboard.

Is that it? I don't need to do anything on iTunes' end?
Userlevel 5
Badge
Setting the Subscriber Redirect to FeedBurner will automatically update Apple Podcasts (and any other syndication points you're using) to start using the FeedBurner feed the next time it checks your SoundCloud feed. You don't need to do anything else. But absolutely make sure the FeedBurner feed is completely set up before you set up the redirect. You may cause yourself problems if you do the redirect too soon.