Answered

Two podcasts programs on the same account

• 31 May 2017
  • 6 replies

We are a small nonprofit arts organization that has used SoundCloud for a 3-4 years and love it.

Can we have two different podcast series (programs) on the same account? We are developing a more robust program and are wondering how to manage that on our account.

Currently, we have single stories from our monthly live storytelling programs. These are uploaded to our small but mighty SoundCloud channel and then shared on our fledgling iTunes channel.

We are in the process of creating a new program that includes one of these stories and an interview with the storyteller. We would like to give this series a separate name.

It would be great if the new series Urban Tellers®️ could be linked to our brand name PDXstorytheater.

We would appreciate some guidance on this point.

Thanks!
Lynne
icon

Best answer by PDXstorytheater 7 June 2017, 22:16

Hi Ken,
Lynne here. We received this message from Charles in Support but it seems to me that in order to control what is happening on iTunes, you need two channels:

CHARLES IN SOUNDCLOUD SUPPORT SAYS: "You can host both types of audio options on your account, and then you can organize them into playlists, one for the individual stories and one for the podcast uploads.

To include in your feed, head to your episodes’ permissions tab within the edit page and toggle the option to include in your feed to submit to iTunes or other podcasting services. The episodes will appear in chronological order of appearance on iTunes, and can't be organized into albums or playlists, but you have the option to manually select which episodes are included in the feed to be sent to iTunes.

If you have a lot of episodes uploaded, you can include them in your RSS feed using the batch editor on your tracks page. Head here, (https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks) and check all of the tracks you wish to edit. On the left, click edit tracks, then select permissions. Toggle the option to include in your RSS feed and you’re set."
View original

6 replies

I'd also like this information!
Hi Ken,
Lynne here. We received this message from Charles in Support but it seems to me that in order to control what is happening on iTunes, you need two channels:

CHARLES IN SOUNDCLOUD SUPPORT SAYS: "You can host both types of audio options on your account, and then you can organize them into playlists, one for the individual stories and one for the podcast uploads.

To include in your feed, head to your episodes’ permissions tab within the edit page and toggle the option to include in your feed to submit to iTunes or other podcasting services. The episodes will appear in chronological order of appearance on iTunes, and can't be organized into albums or playlists, but you have the option to manually select which episodes are included in the feed to be sent to iTunes.

If you have a lot of episodes uploaded, you can include them in your RSS feed using the batch editor on your tracks page. Head here, (https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks) and check all of the tracks you wish to edit. On the left, click edit tracks, then select permissions. Toggle the option to include in your RSS feed and you’re set."
Thanks so much! Looks like I'll be starting an additional account, then.
Hmmm... Let us know how that goes, ok? I think we may end up doing that as well. Lynne
Will do!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Great to see this conversation on the Help Community. Thanks for helping out and sharing info - super helpful for other community members, too.

@PDXstorytheater - all you need for another account is a unique email address that isn't in use on SoundCloud. 🙂

Happy Podcasting
Mathis