Question

Unidentified "Other" Track

Show first post

36 replies

Hi there,

the "?" sign next to the "other" indicator explains what it means (it might mean something different depending on where in your stats you're looking, hence this rather general reply).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

precisely the same issue- only 10 tracks- and the ? icon brings up the same nonsense response...

Mathis- does Soundcloud actually know why this happens?
Hi there,

the "?" sign next to the "other" indicator explains what it means (it might mean something different depending on where in your stats you're looking, hence this rather general reply).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

Same here, 10 Tracks and the "?" says "only the first 50 are listed, the rest appear as Other Tracks" ...

@Mathis any idea?

THIS IS NOT SOLVED
Userlevel 1
Bump.

Same issue. Help please.
Bump.

Same issue. Help please.

Per http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2167046:

'Other' in your Stats Overview page
Other People
If you are seeing ‘Other People’, this means that either:
You have over 50 logged in listeners in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have listeners who are not logged into their SoundCloud account and listening.
You have listeners who are logged into their SoundCloud account, but have decided to use Stealth Mode.

Other Countries
If you are seeing ‘Other Countries’, this means that either:
You have listeners in over 50 countries in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 countries in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s country information.

Other Websites or Other Apps
If you are seeing ‘Other Websites’ or ‘Other Apps’, this means that either:
You have listeners from over 50 websites or apps in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 websites or apps in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s location information.
Userlevel 1
Bump.

Same issue. Help please.

Per http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2167046:

'Other' in your Stats Overview page
Other People
If you are seeing ‘Other People’, this means that either:
You have over 50 logged in listeners in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have listeners who are not logged into their SoundCloud account and listening.
You have listeners who are logged into their SoundCloud account, but have decided to use Stealth Mode.

Other Countries
If you are seeing ‘Other Countries’, this means that either:
You have listeners in over 50 countries in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 countries in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s country information.

Other Websites or Other Apps
If you are seeing ‘Other Websites’ or ‘Other Apps’, this means that either:
You have listeners from over 50 websites or apps in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 websites or apps in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s location information.

Hi! Thanks for the reply but it's "other tracks" not people, countries, websites or apps.

Really confusing.
Userlevel 1
I take it nobody knows. That's unfortunate, confusing and frustrating. Be great to have this answered. Fingers crossed.
I take it nobody knows. That's unfortunate, confusing and frustrating. Be great to have this answered. Fingers crossed.

It looks like this issue was reported here ---> https://soundcloudcommunity.com/stats-230061/other-tracks-main-stats-page-7290424

Apparently it's a "...data inconsistency. The inconsistency re-aligns itself after some time..."

Are you using the RSS feed? I wonder if it has to do with tracks posted on your Twitter page and Soundcloud not reading the traffic source correctly.
Userlevel 1
OK, that sounds plausible, I guess. Not overly bothered by it, just needed an idea of what it might be.

Thanks!
OK, that sounds plausible, I guess. Not overly bothered by it, just needed an idea of what it might be.

Thanks!

I also replied in that thread. After a year it would be nice to get a better answer as to why this is happening than re stating the problem. Good to know it's not just us.
probably fake data that Soundcloud uses to inflate figures to report to other agencies to demonstrate site traffic