Question

Unidentified "Other" Track

Userlevel 1
All of my tracks are named and identified. However this month my statistics show 96 listens to "other" tracks and I have no idea what that means.

36 replies

Userlevel 2
I finally have an acceptable answer for the "Others"

The best way to understand others is this...

You can assume it is a high probability that a person without a soundcloud account played a track. SOMETIMES the stats will show which track this person played but since all outside networks have different privacy policies the track that person played may also show up as "Other"

This suggestion did not come from a Soundcloud rep.
Userlevel 1
I have the same question: I have published less than 50 tracks and I keep on getting plays on 'Other' tracks, no idea what it means and, from what I could read around, no one has explained it properly yet. Mmm...
Userlevel 1
Unfortunately that doesn't help. the "?" just says "To ensure your stats load quickly, only the 50 most played tracks during this time frame are shown here. Plays of all other tracks are shown as 'Other tracks'."

I only have 10 tracks all of which are accounted for - which is why I'm confused.
Given that the official responses to this question have all been met with the same robot-like answer (even on other posts), and this seems to have been going on for at least a year with no attempt to fix what is obviously broken, I think it's safe to assume that Soundcloud either simply doesn't know wheat these "Others" are or just doesn't care.. Maybe it's just time to move on. Soundcloud, a word to the wise, do you remember a little website called My Space. Just sayin'...
Hi There,

I also have this question. I only have like 13 tracks, but my stats say i have 63 plays on "Other tracks" last week. It doesn't make sense.

Besides that, the count on the "Tracks" page is way more than the count on the "Stats" page. I think a lot of plays of my most popular tracks are listed as "Other Tracks". I just want to know why. The Soundcloud stats don't seem to be reliable this way...
<BUMP>

I'm looking at today's stats only, I can see a track has 2 plays, and OTHER TRACKS has 4? What track is this? And also, other countries/other users. Why do these show at all when there is so little being searched on in this instance please?

I Have been having the same problems and no reply from Soundcloud maybe time to find another provider.... Advertisers need to see stats.....not grey boxes

Hi there,

the "?" sign next to the "other" indicator explains what it means (it might mean something different depending on where in your stats you're looking, hence this rather general reply).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

Yeah wtf? That doesn't help at all.
Userlevel 1
Bump.

Same issue. Help please.
Bump.

Same issue. Help please.

Per http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2167046:

'Other' in your Stats Overview page
Other People
If you are seeing ‘Other People’, this means that either:
You have over 50 logged in listeners in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have listeners who are not logged into their SoundCloud account and listening.
You have listeners who are logged into their SoundCloud account, but have decided to use Stealth Mode.

Other Countries
If you are seeing ‘Other Countries’, this means that either:
You have listeners in over 50 countries in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 countries in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s country information.

Other Websites or Other Apps
If you are seeing ‘Other Websites’ or ‘Other Apps’, this means that either:
You have listeners from over 50 websites or apps in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 websites or apps in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s location information.
Userlevel 1
I take it nobody knows. That's unfortunate, confusing and frustrating. Be great to have this answered. Fingers crossed.
I take it nobody knows. That's unfortunate, confusing and frustrating. Be great to have this answered. Fingers crossed.

It looks like this issue was reported here ---> https://soundcloudcommunity.com/stats-230061/other-tracks-main-stats-page-7290424

Apparently it's a "...data inconsistency. The inconsistency re-aligns itself after some time..."

Are you using the RSS feed? I wonder if it has to do with tracks posted on your Twitter page and Soundcloud not reading the traffic source correctly.
Userlevel 1
OK, that sounds plausible, I guess. Not overly bothered by it, just needed an idea of what it might be.

Thanks!
Same here. Got 8 tracks and around 10-20 plays on a week and still greyed out "Other tracks". Explain Soundcloud. This statistics sucks. The "only the 50 most played tracks during this timeframe" statement is obviously BS. Thinking of going back to a free account.
Userlevel 2
I was surprised to find this topic solved by members rather than the soundcloud rep. I asked this same question recently and soundcloud gave me an answer within the day and it wasn't the same answer that they (soundcloud) gave here.
http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/p...
Since this question has been tagged "Solved" by SC long time ago with an absolute nonsense answer I guess no one at SC care we are posting here. Everyone with this statistics f-u better start a new topic about it.
<BUMP>

I'm looking at today's stats only, I can see a track has 2 plays, and OTHER TRACKS has 4? What track is this? And also, other countries/other users. Why do these show at all when there is so little being searched on in this instance please?

Interestingly, these have now updated - so do these mean "Currently being played" by any chance? Could be an idea to update what the "?" says with that included, if that's indeed what else Other Tracks could mean. (Y)
Hey Guys

What I think the "Other" track plays are refer to the number of plays on songs that you have reposted but not uploaded yourself.

Anyone agree?
No. I have not reposted any track and still 129 "others" played just today.
Yeah you can only see the top 6 or 7 i think of the most played songs. when u get plays on an older song or a song with not so many plays it will just show up as others. i think this its how it works. but its also get bugged i think becouse some times it says others when u really only got one song on our channel.
Hi there,

the "?" sign next to the "other" indicator explains what it means (it might mean something different depending on where in your stats you're looking, hence this rather general reply).

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

precisely the same issue- only 10 tracks- and the ? icon brings up the same nonsense response...

Mathis- does Soundcloud actually know why this happens?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
I always thought it was some system bots or something. Try to figure out where they came from - might help pin point something. I had a day where my plays spiked 100+ plays apparently from Grand Rapids, MI. Another time it was from Pakistan.
Userlevel 1
Bump.

Same issue. Help please.

Per http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2167046:

'Other' in your Stats Overview page
Other People
If you are seeing ‘Other People’, this means that either:
You have over 50 logged in listeners in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have listeners who are not logged into their SoundCloud account and listening.
You have listeners who are logged into their SoundCloud account, but have decided to use Stealth Mode.

Other Countries
If you are seeing ‘Other Countries’, this means that either:
You have listeners in over 50 countries in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 countries in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s country information.

Other Websites or Other Apps
If you are seeing ‘Other Websites’ or ‘Other Apps’, this means that either:
You have listeners from over 50 websites or apps in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 websites or apps in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s location information.

Hi! Thanks for the reply but it's "other tracks" not people, countries, websites or apps.

Really confusing.