Question

Update Podcast Published Date?

• 23 June 2015
  • 5 replies

Having migrated my podcast archives from my own website hosting to Soundcloud Pro, I was expecting to be able to update the published date on the RSS feed (via the release date in the metadata section) so iTunes would know the correct original published dates for my podcasts... is there any update on this being fixed??

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Fitter Food Radio,

Currently, the release date is taken from the actual upload date from SoundCloud. It cannot be changed manually. We've forwarded feedback from other users about this to our podcasting product team, so they can look into the option and see if this is something we want to change in the future. I'll add your report to the feedback accordingly.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2

Currently, the release date is taken from the actual upload date from SoundCloud. It cannot be changed manually. We've forwarded feedback from other users about this to our podcasting product team, so they can look into the option and see if this is something we want to change in the future. I'll add your report to the feedback accordingly.

Cheers
Mathis

How does this affect the scheduled uploads for premiere partners and how would it affect such a feature if/when it's available to others?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Cheers
Mathis

Hi SBN,

As I said in other post scheduled updates is a feature available to Premier partners meaning that they can schedule a track to push to the stream. The date that is selected will still be the date published on the stream.

This is limited now because many of these processes are still manual for us so we can only manage so many profiles at the same time. As we continue to build out the features to become more self serve and automated then we will roll out the premier profile to more.

Does this answer your question?

-Gina

Cheers
Mathis

I would just add my voice to the chorus of those who would really love to have this feature available. Thanks!
Yea, this is a big deal for professional podcasters. Right now I have episodes scheduled to release for the next 4 weeks. But when they air, they will each show up at the bottom of any listener's podcast apps because their dates are from 2-4 weeks ago.

We've been paying for and digging SoundCloud for a few years now. Support has been great. But this issue is a bit bullshit... and you've heard about it a lot. I know because I put up questions about it myself months and months ago 🙂

I know podcasters are not your target audience right now... but this is very fixable. PLEASE. With love...