Question

What is the difference between a download and an RSS Download and will I be able to see which site the file was downloaded from?

• 30 April 2015
  • 4 replies

I noticed this just now an RSS Download right next to the download tally. I have been trying to get my podcasts downloaded in more popularity and just wondering what that RSS download means?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Jup - so RSS downloads are basically through your feed. For instance, if you've submitted your SoundCloud RSS feed to iTunes (which we now offer to all of our users (our podcasting program used to be in beta for a long time)), you'll notice that over time your rss downloads will increase.

Everything you need to know about podcasting, by the way, can be found here.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers
Mathis
Hey hey,

Jup - so RSS downloads are basically through your feed. For instance, if you've submitted your SoundCloud RSS feed to iTunes (which we now offer to all of our users (our podcasting program used to be in beta for a long time)), you'll notice that over time your rss downloads will increase.

Everything you need to know about podcasting, by the way, can be found here.

Hope this helps :-)

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis,

I'm curious about the RSS Downloads. Is that a look into what's being downloaded through iTunes? Because mine is still at zero yet I download the episode on my computer and phone, so there should at least be 2. Any ideas?
What is an RSS feed
Userlevel 6
Hi Japan Nick,

I'll be honest, not something I know any great deal about, but hoping the below link will shed some light on this query for you:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1455510-how-can-i-track-the-number-of-subscriber...

Hope that helps, any other users with more knowledge on the subject please feel free to jump in :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P