What to do when your new podcasting episode does not seem to push through to iTunes

• 9 June 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,

We've seen a number of you reporting that new episodes don't seem to properly push through to iTunes sometimes, or your new artwork doesn't show on iTunes, despite all settings on SoundCloud are correct.

iTunes provides a way to refresh the cache for your RSS feed on their end. Here's how to do that:

Go to
http://podcastsconnect.apple.com/ and log in with your Apple ID. Click the artwork for your show and then click the "refresh featured" link. It may take up to 24 hours for your iTunes Store listing to update. Keep in mind that current subscribers will get your latest episode as soon as they refresh their subscriptions, regardless of what's being displayed in the iTunes Store.

Thanks to our good user@shawnmx, who provided this advice in the first place. We've reported this to our product team for review from our end, too.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

8 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Latest episode does not appear on iTunes or Twitter..

All our content is set up for automatic RSS feed. It is public (with no explicit content). The feed has not given us any problems until now, and we have not changed any settings.
Our 2 latest tracks are not showing up automatically on iTunes or Twitter.
iTunes has refreshed our feed since we uploaded the tracks, but these last 2 episodes still do not appear. I checked the individual tracks on Soundcloud, and the RSS feed is active.
Interestingly, these episodes did not automatically load to Twitter either.
Is there a limit on the number of tracks we can display at one time?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My latest podcast is not showing in my itnes rss feed. Uploaded tuesday, just won....
Userlevel 5
Badge
Thanks for the props,@Mathis! There have been many reports across multiple platforms this week of general iTunes Store flakiness. It's annoying but we gotta put up with this sometimes. Of course, Apple never bothers to tell us anything about why this stuff happens, but that's nothing new.
Hello,

Our episodes appear to be uploading to iTunes okay. However our podcast network we did go through a name change recently. It took a couple days but the name finally changed on iTunes. However the cover image and URL on iTunes still reflects our old podcast name. Do you know how long it takes for updates made to our Soundcloud account to take effect on iTunes?

Thanks!

Tim
I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

I've recently changed my podcast logo and have updated each of the tracks here on Soundcloud. While the image works here, when I look at the other places my feed is displayed - iTunes and Stitcher (also on a few 3rd party validators) - the image is zoomed in and therefore cropped weirdly.

It's dimensions are 3000x3000 and it's 547kb in size. I have tried scaling it down all the way to 1800x1800 and back up again, with no change.

Can someone tell me how to fix it?
I have been running my podcast on iTunes through SoundCloud with no errors since about January. The last two uploads to tracks have not gone through- mind you I have not changed anything on how I produce/edit/save/ or upload my tracks.

When I go to podcast connect it says Error
This is what pops up

Any thoughts would be super helpful. All the articles I have read have mentioned the profile picture which hasn't changed since I launched in February. I did just resize it to exactly 1400x1400 in case but it didn't do anything. (It had been 1600x1600 previously)

I'm in need of some RSS wisdom if you can share some. Much appreciated!
Bumping this. Does Soundcloud have a direct way of contact besides filing a ticket??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Bumping this. Does Soundcloud have a direct way of contact besides filing a ticket??

Hi there,

Please see the original post on this topic for more info on how to push your new content through to iTunes. Everything is looking ok from the SoundCloud end, so you should be all set. 🙂

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: You can reach out to our Support team via Twitter or via the contact form (i.e. filing a ticket). Our moderators are trying to help with as many topics here on the community, but sometimes cannot catch them all 🙂