Answered

When Sharing my Feed, I can't edit an embedded title

• 12 October 2017
  • 6 replies

I have linked up my feed with itunes. When I created the feed and submitted the podcast, I didn't know that soundcloud inserts "by" next to author name. Therefore, my title became "Storyland by with MaryAnn." I have since edited my profile and I took out the word with so it will show up as "StoryLand by MaryAnn." However, when the podcast is shared as a link or on fb, the original title shows up. Itunes support wasn't sure if it will take several days for a change to take effect, or if the word "with" is embedded and can't be removed. I would rather not delete the entire feed and start over.
Thanks for your help!
icon

Best answer by shawnmx 15 October 2017, 15:46

The author information is appearing as it should now on the iTunes Store web preview and also within the iTunes desktop application. I also tried a test post on my personal Facebook page, and the Facebook preview came up with the correct information. I've attached a screenshot to show how it looks. Most likely, you ran into a caching issue between the iTunes Store and Facebook after you changed the author information with SoundCloud.
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Please provide a link to your show's iTunes Store listing as that'll make it easier to determine what's going on.
Hi. It only happens when the itunes link is added to fb or in a message.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/storyland/id1293964060?mt=2
Userlevel 5
Badge
The author information is appearing as it should now on the iTunes Store web preview and also within the iTunes desktop application. I also tried a test post on my personal Facebook page, and the Facebook preview came up with the correct information. I've attached a screenshot to show how it looks. Most likely, you ran into a caching issue between the iTunes Store and Facebook after you changed the author information with SoundCloud.
I think it's working now. Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
If Facebook has old info cached, you can help them update the info on their end by running the link that you're sharing via their debugging tool: https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug 🙂 Might be handy to have for future reference.
Thank you!!!