Question

when submitting to itunes message that reads "this feed has no episodes" but I have 3 uploaded episodes on my feed, please help

when submitting my RSS feed to iTunes, i keep getting a message that reads "this feed has no episodes" but I have 3 uploaded episodes on my feed, please help

36 replies

If you're still having this issue, as I did for what seemed like forever, try this:

Click the down arrow on your profile and choose the option "Tracks." Make sure your tracks are added to a playlist, and then click the "Edit Tracks" button and choose "Permissions." ENABLE ALL OPTIONS IN THIS AREA, specifically the "Include in RSS feed" option, then click the "Save" button.

Also, the image that Apple's podcast verification system is looking at is the avatar you've chosen for your page, not the icon you've used for the playlist or track! It took me FOREVER to figure this out, and only realized it when I downloaded the image Apple showed me it was trying to use. I continually got the error regarding the image specs, and when I checked the image Apple was trying to use, it was clear it was using a different image than I thought it needed!
Hi there,

Hmm, is this a persistent issue for you, or did you find the solution in the meantime? I've just looked into your RSS feed and your episodes are showing up properly now, so iTunes shouldn't complain about that.

Let us know if this needs further investigation :-)

Cheers
Mathis

I am having the same issue with uploading our podcast to itunes. We have one track in our feed but I get the "this track has no feed" error message. Help!
Had this problem. Pieced together comments here.

Solution:
In your profile dropdown, go to Tracks.
Select all your tracks (even private).
In Edit Tracks dropdown, go to Permissions.
Check "Include in RSS Feed" box.

WHY ISN'T THIS CHECKED BY DEFAULT, SOUNDCLOUD??
I'm having this same problem. My picture shows when I test the feed but no episodes show up. Then when I try and submit the feed it says, "This feed has no episodes."
Hi Mathis,

I looked further into it and my episodes were not enabled so I enabled them and then changed the image so it fits and I was able to submit it to iTunes successfully. Thank you for getting back to me. Appreciate it.

Kind Regards,

Nick
I had the same problem, and I solved following these steps:
disclaimer: my page is in Italian language, so the English version could be different.
-profile (up/right);
-tracks

-tick all the tracks
-modify all the tracks

-authorizations
-include on the rss feed

-save
Hello, I too am experiencing this problem. Any fixes/solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I'm having this same problem. My picture shows when I test the feed but no episodes show up. Then when I try and submit the feed it says, "This feed has no episodes."
thank you this was helpful
I have uploaded one episode, and tried validating it for iTunes, and am also getting the error message, "No episodes exist in your feed." I've made my feed public, and taken the steps provided in the podcast troubleshooting section. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you, thank you!
My solution was actually in the sizing of the pictures, I had uploaded a new picture with the proper size, but didn't apply it to any of the episodes, so those episodes still had the wrong picture size, once i changed that it was no problem. Hope that helps!
I am having the same problem, help!
http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:188459160/sounds.rss
This was helpful for me too-- I had to enable downloads in the show's settings.
Hey Mathis, Ive enabled my uploads to be in my RSS feed but itunes is still bugging about me not having any episodes. What now?
I'm having the same issue. I submitted another podcast, using Spreaker and never had this issue, yet like so many here I get an error from iTunes telling me that 'No Episodes Exist in Your Feed'.

It seems that if this many people are running into the same issue, you might have an issue with the data you're pushing to iTunes. Please let me know what you've done to resolve this issue as we'd like to get our feed working.
Hi there,

Hmm, is this a persistent issue for you, or did you find the solution in the meantime? I've just looked into your RSS feed and your episodes are showing up properly now, so iTunes shouldn't complain about that.

Cheers
Mathis

I have the same problem and cant find a solution
Hey!

I am having the same issue. I get an error that reads- No episodes exist in your feed.

When I actually have 3 episodes. Can you please help?
Mathis im having the same issue. I fixed the problem with my profile picture but its still saying i have no episodes in my feed. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Same problem here 😞
Having a problem, keeps saying about the profile picture, even though mine is a good size and a JPEG, then says has to be hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests. Help please, wanna connect sound clouds to iTunes
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi there,

Looks like you've accidentally created a loop which breaks your RSS feed. Not to worry though, here's how you can solve this rather quickly:

Log in to your SoundCloud account and head over to your Content Settings. Here, delete what you have in the "Subscriber redirect" field.

If you have a Podtrac account setup - perfect. In that case, you can leave the link that you currently have in the "Stats service URL prefix" field untouched. If you don't have a Podtrac account, you'll need to delete the link from this field as well for your RSS feed to work properly.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Here are two great resources that you should review before proceeding to make sure you have all the information you need:
http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/1209292-soundcloud-for-podcasters

and
https://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

im having the same problem mathis can you help me
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, that's odd - I've checked your RSS feed and ran it through a validator site as well, and it should be perfectly fine. You have enabled for all three of your tracks to be included in your RSS feed, the profile picture also has the dimensions iTunes is asking for (anything between 1400x1400 to 3000x3000px should be ok). When researching whether someone else has had a similar issue, I also couldn't find any further clues as to why this particular error message would show (especially despite the fact that your feed does indeed already contain episodes).

Have you reached out to iTunes' support about this? Maybe they can help and explain why this error message appears.

Sorry I cannot be of much help with this one. If you find a solution for this, please do let us know here, other users will appreciate the help.

All the best
Mathis