Answered

Why do 3 of my show's episodes have a huge burst of listeners over this past weekend...like 10 times more?

• 18 April 2016
  • 1 reply

I have a podcast show (PERML Podcast). This past weekend (4/16,4/17), 3 of our episodes (1,2,3 (El Gallo), have suddenly experienced a huge surge in number of listens. Can this be correct or is there a bug of some sort of a possible hacking of some kind?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 20 April 2016, 11:48

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We have no means of confirming whether or not your recent spike in plays came from a fraudulent source, but we've received an increased amount of reports of the same nature as yours most recently. Our trust & safety team is investigating at the moment.

It could be that someone paid for your plays to be increased, or you were mistakenly subject to fake plays bought for another account. We do not condone of people paying to increase their plays, and our trust and safety engineers are working on improving our anti-spam systems to weed out fake plays.

I'm afraid we do not have the technical means of reverting, or adjusting, play counts. You can delete and re-upload a track to refresh the play count, but keep in mind this means all Likes, Comments and Re-posts will also be lost.

Our Trust & Safety team is working on further improvements of their security systems so in the future we can eradicate this problem and be in a better position to combat fake activity.

All the best
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We have no means of confirming whether or not your recent spike in plays came from a fraudulent source, but we've received an increased amount of reports of the same nature as yours most recently. Our trust & safety team is investigating at the moment.

It could be that someone paid for your plays to be increased, or you were mistakenly subject to fake plays bought for another account. We do not condone of people paying to increase their plays, and our trust and safety engineers are working on improving our anti-spam systems to weed out fake plays.

I'm afraid we do not have the technical means of reverting, or adjusting, play counts. You can delete and re-upload a track to refresh the play count, but keep in mind this means all Likes, Comments and Re-posts will also be lost.

Our Trust & Safety team is working on further improvements of their security systems so in the future we can eradicate this problem and be in a better position to combat fake activity.

All the best
Mathis