Question

Why do I no longer have any items in my feed?

• 20 February 2017
  • 12 replies

I've had a podcast successfully set up on Soundcloud, but now when I check the RSS feed, there aren't any items in it. I've checked the individual tracks I want to be in the feed—they're all set to "Public" and have the "Include in RSS Feed" option checked under the Permissions tab.

The feed itself is valid—all the channel details are in place and working, but there aren't any items in the feed. Any idea if I'm missing something?

12 replies

I am having the same issue with my podcast. The first 47 episodes no longer show up. They used to be there and all RSS feeds are enabled. Support has not responded other than to ask via Twitter if RSS is enabled on all episodes which it is. It is getting a bit frustrating as I keep getting emails from listeners asking if I took down the early episodes. I really don't want to have to change my primary host. I currently back up on Libsyn and it is an easy switch but would rather stick with Soundcloud.
A side note: I thought there might be something happening wrt upload limits, I'm paying for Soundcloud Unlimited which doesn't set any limits for uploaded content times.
Exactly. I am also Pro Unlimited. There is a limit to 250 tracks in the RSS feed but I only have 145 episodes of which now only 98 show up in the feed.
Userlevel 1
We have a daily podcast which is dependent on that RSS feed. It has worked fine every day, until just now. All the old content is there, but today's episode is not showing. That is a lot of our audience excluded from today's, very time-sensitive, content. Audience take-up today is dramatically slower. This reflects badly on us, but there is no mechanism to raise this as an essential fault that needs fixing.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
can you give links to particular RSS feeds for me to check?
Userlevel 1
can you give links to particular RSS feeds for me to check? Yep. http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:249758033/sounds.rss
Userlevel 1
It's there now! Bit too late, though 😞
can you give links to particular RSS feeds for me to check?

Here's my RSS feed: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:126262624/sounds.rss
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
The morning call RSS looks okay - but the Evening's Show is empty.
You could contact soundcloud support for this and provide both the URL for your public account, the RSS feed that does not work - and if you have one, a feed that does contain items.

Good luck
You could contact soundcloud support for this
I'm not sure there's a way to contact Soundcloud support directly. At least there's no mention of this on the Help Portal (http://help.soundcloud.com/)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

We're aware of this being an issue at the moment. Our engineers are investigating the issue at the moment, and we hope to be able to provide an update about this soon.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
P.S.: Please see here for further communication on the matter. Thank you!