Question

About the new iPad SoundCloud app

• 29 January 2015
  • 6 replies

Need to see the Information for a track or artist on the NEWLY updated iPad app!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey there,

Thanks for writing in about this. We want to emphasise this is temporary; we're working on bringing previous features back.

The old app was buggy and needed replacing, and in doing so, we're able to incorporate the newest UX and security developments. We released a bare-bones build as soon as we felt it was ready in order to provide some relief to iPad users struggling with the old app’s bugs.

A completely new app means features will also need to be rebuilt from the ground up, which is unfortunately not a quick process.

We really appreciate your bearing with us! Please let us know if you have anymore questions we can help answer.

Best wishes, Gina
I'm glad what you released is NOT the final version of the upgrade, but in the meantime, it really sucks to have to go to the desktop/laptop version to see comments, statistics, etc., as well as to be able to copy links to my own compositions on my SC page for posting on FB. etc.

It's too late now, but, please, PLEASE, next time you do a major upgrade, consider finishing the bulk of the code BEFORE you release it. At least the old, buggy version still worked, more or less. What I have right now is barely a consumer-oriented interface, and nearly useless from a producer standpoint.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm glad what you released is NOT the final version of the upgrade, but in the meantime, it really sucks to have to go to the desktop/laptop version to see comments, statistics, etc., as well as to be able to copy links to my own compositions on my SC page for posting on FB. etc.

It's too late now, but, please, PLEASE, next time you do a major upgrade, consider finishing the bulk of the code BEFORE you release it. At least the old, buggy version still worked, more or less. What I have right now is barely a consumer-oriented interface, and nearly useless from a producer standpoint.

Hey there,

Thanks for providing your point of view - this certainly make sense and we'll make sure to pass on your feedback to the mobile product team accordingly.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile application : How can I record my voice ?.

I got the Soundcloud mobile application on my Ipad. I can't help to record any sound. Where is the button "record" which is on the website ? Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mobile application : How can I record my voice ?.

I got the Soundcloud mobile application on my Ipad. I can't help to record any sound. Where is the button "record" which is on the website ? Thanks :)

Hi Claire,

Apologies for the confusion caused, record is no longer part of the iPad application.

Cheers,
Gina
I miss also some important features!
If I could I would go back to the old app!
Track information, comments, browse tracks without immediate playback (eg for building playlists without prelistening), jump out from app to sound cloud location in browser,....

The new swipe navigation and the overall simplicity is nice, because the old app was good but not very intuitive. until some features are added back I have to use the website instead the app.