Question

artwork quality problems

• 5 November 2015
  • 45 replies

Show first post

45 replies

Userlevel 3
Okay so I tested this for myself and this is what I got.

http://tinypic.com/r/30lyqmq/9 <-- for better look at it

As you can see, I suffer a severe loss of quality as well. To conclude, I believe this may just be an issue in the SoundCloud Sharing UI. I'll leave it to the Reps/Employees to close this case, there really isn't much more I can do about it. Sorry mate, hope everything gets worked out for you.

All The Best,
Andrew (Alias AM)
Userlevel 1
man, that's just really disappointing that SoundCloud takes my money every month and can't give me a quality photos to draw people on social media in. Seems pretty off to me.....
Userlevel 3
Doze One,

SoundCloud always does its best to make sure everyone is happy. This is a simple issue with image rendering/compressing when sharing. I'm sure that once SoundCloud gets hint of this, they will see what they can do about improving, as they always are. I'm sure this wasn't Intentional.

Sorry About the image issues,
Andrew

And PS, its a beautiful work! Nicely done 🙂
Userlevel 1
I know it wasn't intentional...but when you pay a premium price for a service you expect premium results. Especially when this is peoples livelihoods. That's what I was saying
Userlevel 3
I understand, mate. If you'd like, I can (or at least try to) forward this to a rep if he/she doesn't see this before it gets thrown down the ranks. I normally wouldn't bother the employees, but this is a relevant issue that I think, if fixed, would make A LOT of people happy.
Userlevel 1
I agree man. I would really appreciate that.
Userlevel 3
Will do! I'll give it a little while first to see if one of the Reps see this post first. If this post is here for a while unnoticed, I will do so.

All the best,
Andrew (Alias AM)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you for having this conversation here on our help forum.@Alias AM, thank you big time for helping out once again, very much appreciated!

We recommend to upload an image that's at least 800x800 px in size. Square images will work best. However, after reading through this post and understanding where the frustration lies, I have reached out to the relevant product team to gather further information on this. (How is cropping applied when shared to Facebook, for instance, and is it done on our end, or on Facebook's side)

I'm hoping to hear back from them soon in order to follow up with you.

Thanks again for reporting and voicing your opinion on this.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi there,

Thank you for having this conversation here on our help forum.@Alias AM, thank you big time for helping out once again, very much appreciated!

We recommend to upload an image that's at least 800x800 px in size. Square images will work best. However, after reading through this post and understanding where the frustration lies, I have reached out to the relevant product team to gather further information on this. (How is cropping applied when shared to Facebook, for instance, and is it done on our end, or on Facebook's side)

Cheers
Mathis

Any solution to this?
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

I am having the same problem with my photos. They look really bad when they are published on Facebook or Twitter, which is really frustrating. Will anyone at Soundcloud be able to solve this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Better late then never... sorry for the late follow up. I have re-pinged the developers on this matter and they've provided some insight. The thing where it is getting complicated for us to optimize this from our end is where Facebook does the cropping of the image, as it is out of our control at that point to optimize the cropping / zooming.

Facebook is recommending specific minimum sizes in their documentation here. Notably, what they recommend is a size that is not square 😕

I've forwarded this to the relevant product team on our end for review, but I hope this info helps to shed some light on how this works.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi. I don't think the problem is only on Facebook, but also on Soundcloud itself.
At least, that's the case with me...
Right here: https://soundcloud.com/machinefabriek/modular-body-1

The original image (which I'm attaching) is sharp, and 1400 x 1400 pixels. But as soon as I upload it, it gets compressed (I pressume) and becomes blurry. I tried several other sizes and formats, but without luck...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi. I don't think the problem is only on Facebook, but also on Soundcloud itself.
At least, that's the case with me...
Right here: https://soundcloud.com/machinefabriek/modular-body-1

The original image (which I'm attaching) is sharp, and 1400 x 1400 pixels. But as soon as I upload it, it gets compressed (I pressume) and becomes blurry. I tried several other sizes and formats, but without luck...

different topic

Please reference the new conversation here: facebook sharing

SoundCloud always does its best to make sure everyone is happy. This is a simple issue with image rendering/compressing when sharing. I'm sure that once SoundCloud gets hint of this, they will see what they can do about improving, as they always are. I'm sure this wasn't Intentional.

This has been going for years, and they haven't fixed anything. My guess is they don't care and these forums are pointless. Just like when they compress the audio to 192 kbps...
Its a shame this POST is 2 years old BECAUSE the SAME PROBLEM still EXISTS!!!!!

I use "Other Peoples Pixels" for my art website (they are not affiliated with Sound Cloud) and the same VERY BLURRY (totally unacceptable image compression) happens despite multiple upload resolution attempts and using your suggestions above.
I get it - Sound Cloud is in the business of audio not video or images...BUT guys, you are missing a huge slice of the public market by not checking with your programmers about what compression algorithms they are using for images linked to your site.
These days you can compress the hell out of a 3000 pixel 150dpi (high resolution) JPEG image by using the H264 compression app -and it will still look GREAT. Check with OPP to see what compression they use... they are VERY NICE, based in Chicago and provide an invaluable service to tons of visual ARTISTS (portfolio hosting site/company).

PLEASE let me know if you improve your image quality. All the best, h2o
I have the same problem just like anyone else in this group. It is really disappointing that I can't properly contact anyone on SoundCloud. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE!!! My cover photo and profile picture looks pristine but my then my cover art looks absolutely horrendous. This doesn't make any sense. People listening to my music probably blame me for this mistake. This community post/forum is two years old and still nothing has been done about it.
Yeah honestly this is really lame. I export my artwork as a png from illustrator at screen dpi (72), with my resolution at 1000x1000, which should be freakin ideal for soundcloud because it's under 2mb doesn't have to be resized much to 800x800 and it still looks terrible. Soundcloud developers must be underpaid or lazy or something because this website has so many problems. I appreciate the service I get for as little as I pay for, but c'mon as soon as Spotify or another competitor has size-able underground community support then everyone will jump ship.
oh god this is frustrating, i have the same issue, please soundcould we are a paying customers, this need to be fixed, so many delicate and sharp images i made and had not use them because they looked weird
Still have the same exact same problem on the platform. Any fix already?
Even my old uploads look fussy, that earlier lookes sharp when I share them on instagram. Or dubble click on them on soundcloud.