Question

can't download original track from own account

• 21 February 2016
  • 18 replies

hi there,
I can't download my own podcast from my account.
I hit the edit button then click the "download original track" and the browser redirects to a null user account and does nothing.
please if you could assist.
account is: soundcloud.com/justelad
thanks

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Elad,

We've had further reports about this currently being an issue and have forwarded this to our engineers. In order to work around the issue, you should be able to download your track when you go through your track manager page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
i _ve the same problem, w/ this track "slow"

https://soundcloud.com/protyv/slow

i followed the instructions but the problem remain unsolved
please help me!

thx 😃
Hi there Elad,

We've had further reports about this currently being an issue and have forwarded this to our engineers. In order to work around the issue, you should be able to download your track when you go through your track manager page.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis,

I have this seven yeas old track (made by me, I own it) and soundcloud is the only place where the original file exists. And now I want my file back.

It is a free account, the 100 download-limit for the track kicked-in a long time ago. Thus,
enabling dl-opt > download > disable dl-opt
is _not_ an option for my case. And I do not see any other link to download my own file.

So could you please provide detailed steps on how to get my own work from SoundCloud even if it is a free account?

And please, don't point at disclaimers, you know they change, and I am pretty sure, the promise SoundCloud once gave was not "your files will be lost if you put it into our cloud and don't pay us anything." Seven years should be more than enough time for SoundCloud to monetize on my own work, even if labeled as 'free'.

Thank you in advance.
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

If you still need a way to get your tracks, I have made a tool that makes it possible to download your own files in the original format. It's available here: http://downloader.soundcloud.ruud.ninja/
I've made a tool that can help you do this. It's available here: http://downloader.soundcloud.ruud.ninja/ It uses the Soundcloud API, but you need to authorize with Soundcloud to be able to access your original files.
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

this problem remains the same ,your solution was a waste of time.can you please help me?
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

@Tomas

"500 Internal Server Error" when trying to authorize.
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

@Mathis

Why? What is the problem here? Technical problems existing for at least 5 months and still not fixed? Is it really we devs that constantly fail to deliver?

An official answer which clarifies once and for all SoundClouds stand on this issue is the least that can be expected.

Thank you in advance.
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

@oliver I think I've fixed the issue, would you care to try it again?
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

@Tomas Pure awesomeness! It works. Thanks a ton!
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

@Mathis@SoundCloud

Really, over 5 months..

Anyway, tnx again@tomas for putting effort into this for free.
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

I tried to play one of my songs on sound cloud and it stated that not available in the United States.....I am the original owner/singer/writer how do I contact support to fix this? Preciousb123@yahoo.com
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Happy I could help you out@oliver 🙂
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Happy I could help you out@oliver 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Elad,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi there,

@oliver, sorry about the lack of following up on this, the conversation got completely lost in the flood of queries we're getting. I'm glad Tomas' tool helped you getting your track back.

@Tomas - thanks for contributing here and helping others, much appreciated!!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled When I try to Download Original File for a Private Track from 11 months ago, I ge....

When I try to Download Original File for a particular Private track from 11 months ago, I get the error Something Went Wrong - We Can't Find That Track. Track plays fine though. When I make the track public, the file downloads. When it's private, I cannot download the original file.

File in question: https://soundcloud.com/spectoral/spectoral-this-ones-different-original-upload
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't download original file on my Soundcloud Pro account.

One of the reasons I signed up for Soundcloud Pro is the feature where you can download the original file you uploaded. This used to work for me, but now when I go to download the original file it asks me if I want to save a ".htm" file which is not what I uploaded. Please explain why this feature isn't working.
Hey Im having a similar issue. My Track: Lunar Light Mix [Feat. Drone Flute Intro Live Clip From Standing Rock & The Movie 'Inception'] I have made available for download but every time i download it,.. it only gives me a text file. Can someone assist my account? I also have one track I deleted a long time ago with the name of 'Homecoming' under the artist name (what it was previously) Mesozoic that has no 'Deleted or disabled track' stats left maybe someone can help me with some of this it would be really cool of you guys these 2 tracks are really important. - Bluochre