Question

Changing Embedded Soundcloud Player Size From Just Copying the URL Into Wordpress

• 6 May 2016
  • 5 replies

I'm using Wordpress and to embed a Soundcloud track I copy and paste the url of the track into its own line in Wordpress. I don't know how to change the size of the player. There is no code when I go to the "text" view in Wordpress, it's just the Soundcloud link.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Sae,

If you're using the direct SoundCloud URL of your track, then your WordPress is probably set up to render the track URL into an embedded player automatically.

We document the different players and how to embed them here on our help center.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
I already read your help center page. The option to embed Soundcloud tracks this way doesn't work. After I copy and paste the wordpress code from a track into Wordpress you only see the code, the track never shows. I've only been able to add tracks with a direct url into wordpress.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I already read your help center page. The option to embed Soundcloud tracks this way doesn't work. After I copy and paste the wordpress code from a track into Wordpress you only see the code, the track never shows. I've only been able to add tracks with a direct url into wordpress.
Hi Sae,

Hmm, can you send over the URL to your website? Also, are you using any plugins for your WordPress website, such as SoundCloud is Gold that might compromise the ability to use the embed code in any way?

Cheers
Mathis
Hi, I figured it out. I checked the wordpress box. I read that if you have a host that installs wordpress for you then you don't need to check it. Sorry for the hassle and thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah, perfect - glad you managed to get this to work 🙂