Question

CLASSIC EMBED doesn't work anymore !!!

Show first post

38 replies

Hi there,

Sorry about the confusion with the status on this conversation. I've now changed this to "in progress". Our engineers have been made aware of this and are looking into the issue right now.

I will make sure to provide an update as soon as I have news.

Thanks for your continued patience, much appreciated!

Cheers
Mathis

Thanks for staying on top of it Mathis. I know we're looking forward to getting it sorted out.
Look forward to it!
This appears to be fixed on my site now... woo
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Quick update on this - if you tick the "Wordpress code"-box from the embed code after you chose the "classic" html5 over the visual embedded player, the embedded player should now embed the classic version properly.

If you're going for the iframe code though (i.e., if you don't tick the box that says "WordPress code"), the embedded player might still result in the visual player. You can then still work around this by adding the parameter visual=false, as mentioned before.

As far as we've been informed, WordPress will continue to work on this piece also, however we've not been provided with an estimate as to when this will be deployed.

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis and others.

5 months later and the code on the Soundcloud site that is obtained from the embed popup is still incorrect. The Classic Embed version does not work properly unless you modify the code manually...and I suspect that this is the reason several Wordpress plugins are not functionally properly when it come to the player's style.

You must explicitly tell the player NOT to load the "Visual Style Player" as user Philvern has mentioned above.
ie: &visual=false

Below is an example of the code we are using to achieve the classic player within Wordpress. The Visual Player takes up entirely too much screen acreage and confused the users as to what track they are listening to.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/YOURPLAYLISTID"; params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=false" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
This issue seemed to get fixed a few months ago, but I can now confirm the issue appears to have recurred. There seems to be a real lack of understanding about what's even happening from the Soundcloud devs. I will kick up another fuss about this as soon as I have a minute.
Userlevel 1
This issue seemed to get fixed a few months ago, but I can now confirm the issue appears to have recurred. There seems to be a real lack of understanding about what's even happening from the Soundcloud devs. I will kick up another fuss about this as soon as I have a minute.
Unbelievable!!! Still not fixed ???
It wouldn't be a problem if they didn't make the visual player so crap in the first place!
Thank you all of you for sharing the solutions. Its crazy that this is still ongoing. They clearly don't give a toss.
Hello Mathis and others.

5 months later and the code on the Soundcloud site that is obtained from the embed popup is still incorrect. The Classic Embed version does not work properly unless you modify the code manually...and I suspect that this is the reason several Wordpress plugins are not functionally properly when it come to the player's style.

You must explicitly tell the player NOT to load the "Visual Style Player" as user Philvern has mentioned above.
ie: &visual=false

Below is an example of the code we are using to achieve the classic player within Wordpress. The Visual Player takes up entirely too much screen acreage and confused the users as to what track they are listening to.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/YOURPLAYLISTID"; params="color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=false" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

How frustrating! Thanks for that tidbit! "&visual=false" finally displayed my embed the way I wanted... Between that and the seemingly unresponsive customer support... I'm questioning the choice in using Pro Unlimited... Thanks for the help.
This problem still persists on the latest version of WordPress (which a huge number of people rely on). How has nobody figured out how to fix this by this point? And not even a response over the past seven months?

Please sort this out, SoundCloud devs.
Just triedto use the embed on 2 self hosted wordpress sites ( ticked the wordpress embed box ), as others have said it still does not work? after embedding the pages just display the raw code?