Question

Contributions

• 23 January 2015
  • 3 replies

Why did I get a message telling e my contributions are unwanted? I can't help it if I'm prolific and create ten songs a day. I know most people or everyone else not named Prince or Paul McCartney have trouble comprehending that but if you have the space available you should be able to post as much as you want.

3 replies

thanks I got it sorted out
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Kyle,

Hmm, let's see - I believe this was due to contributing your tracks to Groups, for which we do have a limit in place. This is a spam measure our Trust and Safety team had to put in place. I'll try to shed some light on this for you:

In order to help reduce the amount of tracks being repeatedly pushed to the top of a groups’ stream, we have an anti-spam policy in place to regulate unwanted behaviour and misuse within groups.

Although it might be a good promotional tool for you, it can be frustrating for moderators and listeners if you're promoting your track(s) across all (or many) of your groups every day. We created groups to help our users meet like-minded individuals. Therefore, to get the most out of using groups, try to be selective with which groups you contribute to and take the time to build up personal relationships with other group members.

You may still add each of your tracks to up to 75 groups, but we do have a daily limit in place to curb situations where members hope to unfairly boost their own popularity.

Generally, if you are making more than a few hundred contributions in a day, this would be considered to be excessive within the community. Please note that we cannot manually remove any blocks from your account before they are due to expire-- this is to ensure fairness for all of our users.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
Yes, it does help thanks