Question

Do not load the private link from mobile devices

I deleted: history, cookies, cache, etc. How to use google chrome browser. I shared via private link to a friend of mine and says '' That there is a problem in the load the track ''. It presents both Android and IOS. I want to know the cause of this problem.

This topic has been closed for comments

21 replies

Did you include the secret code?
is a problem I found yesterday. What is this secret code? .... you show me an example with image?
It's the /s-798597 whatever at the end...I just remembered that I also found trouble loading private URLs on mobile devices like months ago so nevermind, the URL is not the problem. SoundCloud's crap programmers are.
to, what is then the real problem?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

Was you friend logged into their account when they tried to play the track?

-Gina
Hi,

Was you friend logged into their account when they tried to play the track?

-Gina

I have uploaded the song and I have shared the private link to them
The problem has not been resolved and it is already past one week ..... are a pro user and I can not have this discomfort.
who opens the mobile link comes out saying '' THERE WAS A PROBLEM THAT LOADING URL ''
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Staniz,

Can you please provide the title of the private track that you've distributed and that others could not seem to open on their mobile devices? This way we can investigate this for you from our end further.

Cheers
Mathis
Artist: Staniz
Name track: 06 Elle
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Staniz,

Thanks for providing those details. Hmm, ok, so I looked up the secret link from our end and put that into the address field of my mobile browser and was able to access and listen to the track just fine.

Have you distributed the secret link to those people who complained they weren't able to access the track, or did you accidentally provide them with the public link?

Here's the help center article that explains the secret link.

Let us know if this issue remains.

All the best
Mathis

I know how you send, but the problem persists

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again Staniz,

I'm confused - are you saying that you cannot play the private track on your own account? I was under the impression that others to whom you send the secret link cannot access the track via their mobile devices.

Please clarify. Thanks 🙂

Hi,
When I start the track from my account soundcloud it goes, on mobile devices too. But if I try to start it from the shared link it doesn't work
News?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Staniz,

really sorry I keep coming back with more questions, but I want to make sure I clearly understand the issue.

Please provide a step by step description - what do we need to do to reproduce this issue?

For instance, like this:
1. Send the secret link via email / text message / whatsapp etc. to your phone
2. Click on the link
3. ... Then what happens.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers
Mathis

When I send the link it doesn't work. This also happens to me when I try to open the track from the link and not from my soundcloud account

News?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
News?
Hi Staniz,

We've located an issue which causes for users to be redirected to the App Store or the Google Play Store when they click on a secret link from within Facebook. This has been forwarded to our mobile engineers now.
News?
It arose another problem, namely the private link leads to homepage soundcloud but not the song. first he gave the error not now though.
It arose another problem, namely the private link leads to homepage soundcloud but not the song. first he gave the error not now though.