Answered

Does entering our ISRC mean that it is embedded within SoundCloud

• 13 February 2018
  • 5 replies

I have an ISRC, and entered the information into the metadata in my track information. Does this mean that the ISRC is now embedded within that track on SoundCloud and should be be able to be recognized that way? I have put the information in correctly but the ISRC is still not working. Not showing up when I search for it. Does the ISRC already have to be embedded within the track before I enter the information into the metadata?

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Todd Johns 13 February 2018, 11:44

The ISRC of tracks on SoundCloud is for SoundCloud's use. It isn't publicly searchable unless you also add it to your track description. Similarly you can't search for an ISRC on iTunes or Spotify although those organisations have the information for their use.
So the answer to your question is yes, in a sense the IRSC is "embedded" in the track in the same way information such as whether the track is public or private is "embedded".
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
The ISRC of tracks on SoundCloud is for SoundCloud's use. It isn't publicly searchable unless you also add it to your track description. Similarly you can't search for an ISRC on iTunes or Spotify although those organisations have the information for their use.
So the answer to your question is yes, in a sense the IRSC is "embedded" in the track in the same way information such as whether the track is public or private is "embedded".
Thank you for that information. Does this mean I will have to embed the ISRC myself onto the track in order for it to be tracked by BMI/MRI/SoundExhange? Or if I am affiliated with those, will they keep track of it regardless if there is an ISRC embedded with the track. I know that would require me taking the track down and uploading it again and I would lose all listens, likes, comments etc.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
No, you don't need to embed your ISRC in the track.
What if you use your ISRC from your distrokid account??
Have anyone ever had their royalties collected by BMI???