Question

Download button removed from my songs

• 12 December 2014
  • 6 replies

I have 2 songs uploaded. Both of which are compilation dj mixes. The download button has been removed from them. Why is this?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi there FeelTheBeat,

Thanks for visiting the help forums.

Could you possibly provide a link to your Soundcloud public profile so I can give this a look over for you? Tried a quick search & seems to be a lot of "Feel the Beat"s out there so want to make sure I check the right one :)

Cheers

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Is this still of an issue? The download button would only automatically disappear when you've reached your download limit (tracks on free accounts can be downloaded 100x, Pro = 1000x, Pro unlimited = no limit).

If this is not the case, then our system wouldn't automatically disable downloads. To make your track downloadable again, simply click the pen icon below the waveform (like in this image: http://bit.ly/WL262i) then click 'Permissions' and make sure 'Enable downloads' is selected. Then finally make sure you click 'Save changes'. Your listeners will now be able to download your track in the file format you originally uploaded.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

Cheers,
Mathis
Hey there,

Is this still of an issue? The download button would only automatically disappear when you've reached your download limit (tracks on free accounts can be downloaded 100x, Pro = 1000x, Pro unlimited = no limit).

If this is not the case, then our system wouldn't automatically disable downloads. To make your track downloadable again, simply click the pen icon below the waveform (like in this image: http://bit.ly/WL262i) then click 'Permissions' and make sure 'Enable downloads' is selected. Then finally make sure you click 'Save changes'. Your listeners will now be able to download your track in the file format you originally uploaded.

Cheers,
Mathis

I have pro unlimited and the download option is gone from my track edit screen. Not how it used to be with the three options under the track. Now nothing. Can you help ?
freshdickies on soundcloud
Userlevel 6
Hey there,

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Freshdickies,

When you go into the edit screen you should see 3 tab headings:Basic Info, Metadata & Permissions, The option to enable the download function will be under the permissions tab, just click on the tab & you should see it there.

This link will illustrate it better:

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/243684-can-people-download-my-sounds-

Hope that helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Hello

I have searched throughout SoundCloud docs & help and cannot find the reference to a download restrictions on free accounts.

How long does the 100 download block remain?

I have ensured the Permissions are set to allow downloads, but still no download button. Is the restriction 24 hours, 7 days or some other period?

Regards
Oz Harte
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello

I have searched throughout SoundCloud docs & help and cannot find the reference to a download restrictions on free accounts.

How long does the 100 download block remain?

I have ensured the Permissions are set to allow downloads, but still no download button. Is the restriction 24 hours, 7 days or some other period?

Regards
Oz Harte

Hi there Oz Harte,

There is no timed block for downloads. It is a hard limit rather then a temporary block. Once your track has been downloaded 100 times, it cannot be downloaded any longer, unless you upgrade to Pro (1000 downloads in total) or Pro Unlimited (unlimited downloads). Or, you could upload the track again for another 100 downloads without charge, however with the downside of your stats getting split.

Hope this helps to shed some light on this.

Cheers
Mathis